Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

from all of you who have done this before. I'm replacing my door speakers with some new ones as they have blown. Before I cut the connector off the stocker speaker, I wanted to tag each wire so I could wire up the new one appropriately. Unfortunately, one of the posts I read said that the blue/light blue wires go to the amp. I don't have blue/light blue. My 4 wires are green, orange, light green, and purple.... this is on the passenger side, so maybe the blue/light blue is for driver's side? Just seeing if anyone else had this problem.

I've attached a picture. The orange and light green are closest (line up with the red wires), the green and purple are furthest IE on the bottom of the plug (line up with the black wires). Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Need some help-wires.jpg  

Last edited by keiichiZ28; 06-05-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It really pays to read the Monsoon FAQ sticky.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

guess i should've read further down, i stopped at the link to installing new speakers in a Camaro and didn't look all the way down to the wiring info
Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

by the way, why are you wanting to cut them, anyway? they sell harnesses that just plug directly into the stock harness, then plug in to your speakers with the spade connectors......

why start hacking into the stock wiring if you don't have to?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

i was unaware, this is my first run at doing this. i bought my speakers from Kee and he said just cut the factory harness off the old speakers and reuse it, which i didn't really have a problem with other than the writeup being for the driver door and i started with the passenger side thus got confuzzled.