General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Problems !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems !!!

ive been havin this problem and read up on other posts about it, but my power steering makes that whining noise and leaks right over my alternator. anyways when i feel it back up with power steering fluid then bleed it the noise stops, but continues to leak. I put the stop leak in today hoping that would help any ideas whats wrong and what i should do? Another problem is i took my car to this tire / mechanic shop (replacing strutts). On the way home while shifting the car didnt wanna go into gear, So i pulled over and pumped the clutch and went into gear, got home checked clutch fluid was empty so i feeled it up and there was a leak comming from somewhere which i cant find. Maybe its something small leaking and easy to fix, but when the mechanics where replacing my strutts could they have messed something up some way for this to happen thanks for the help!
Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Teching In

I just got under the car and it seems to be leeking between the bell housing and the engine. Im gonna remove the tranny saturday is there anything i should look for or be aware of. I also just had the throwout bearing replaced recently could this be a problem? thanks.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Teching In

I actually can't save the day and tell u the answer your looking for but I know they could not have f*cked up the clutch while replacing the struts. I have an 01 WS6 and occasionally if I get on too hard in 1st gear and try to go into 2nd it won't go and the clutch stays to the floor, I have to kick it back up with my foot and and pump it a couple of times. I guess where in the same boat. I assume the problem is in either the slave cylinder or the lines causing a leak, throwing of the hydraulics. honestly I don't know. just wanted to add my .02. Oh yea I did the brakes on my car one and kept turning the wheel to get a better angle, when I finished the car would make a whining noise when I turned an older teck told me maybe I got some air in the rack and pinion that was causing the noise, bleed it and it was fine, but there was no leak with mine. I'm assuming you keep letting air into your rack and pinion with that leak, so if you fix the leak you fix the problem. hopefully you won't need a new rack.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Teching In

I would check my power steering hoses first.... for leaks, or restrictions.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Your clutch leak is probably in or near the slave inside the bellhousing. www.installuniversity.com has a link with getting to it and not gonna lie it's probably going to suck. Your power steering pump is probably gonna need replacing since your only doing a temp fix by putting that sealant in it.