Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Cycling Sometimes, Sometimes Not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A/C Cycling Sometimes, Sometimes Not?

Sanden compressor system cycles on & off constantly(every two seconds) one day...another day, the compressor NEVER shuts off? Looking at the compressor in the driveway with the hood up, waiting for it to just blow up! Either way its running, the A/C is cold. Thermometer in dash A/C duct says 60degrees(its 90+ outside). Small port/hose coming out of compressor going forward to condenser(w/oriface tube) VERY HOT. ALL other hoses/fitting are freezing cold, including dryer on firewall. Has new trinary F-Body three prong pressure switch in system. New dryer. New vacuum & freon charge. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 06-06-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Do you have a fan on it? Is it running? Sounds like your building up too much head pressure if its cycling on and off like that.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

It's cycling on high head more than likely. You need to throw a set of gauges on it and see whats happening. Then go from there.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking it needs a new oriface valve, which is at the condenser, on this truck. Dang, I have to pay a shop again, to evac, trouble-shoot, recharge the system, just cause I neglected to put in a new oriface...crap! Another C-note! I could just spend that money on a set of gauges & hoses & freon like suggested...hmmm. Fans are working. Thanks for the ideas guys.