Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning hardware?software?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning hardware?software?

I'm in a delima here, i can A. pay a guy thats supposedly good 200$ to tune my car (just boltons) with hptuners, or B. i can get my own tuning stuff and do it myself. My question is, if i bought a cable to hook up my OBDII to my laptop, what software would i need to get? and how much would that software cost?

I'm not looking to purchase a 500$ suite edition HPTuner's kit or anything, just want a cheap but good tuning program that i can delete some codes (rear 02's EGR,AIR) and do whatever kind of air/fuel tuning needs to be done to make it not run rich(or lean whichever)

whats the cheapest way out?

thanks,
michael
Old 06-06-2008, 08:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in a delima here, i can A. pay a guy thats supposedly good 200$ to tune my car (just boltons) with hptuners, or B. i can get my own tuning stuff and do it myself. My question is, if i bought a cable to hook up my OBDII to my laptop, what software would i need to get? and how much would that software cost?
$499 and you get our std interface or $649 and you get our pro interface.
I'm not looking to purchase a 500$ suite edition HPTuner's kit or anything, just want a cheap but good tuning program that i can delete some codes (rear 02's EGR,AIR) and do whatever kind of air/fuel tuning needs to be done to make it not run rich(or lean whichever)
You won't find one that uses a generic cable as far as I know.
whats the cheapest way out?
When it comes to tuning software HP Tuners & EFI Live are where its at, anything less is probably too good to be true