Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach lowering springs

alright so a few weeks ago i finally had enough time on my hands to replace the front springs...looks great...the only problem is the drivability...i noticed it first the other night. i was on my way home and decided to give the tires a lil beating. car dint grip at all...so i took it to 90 and started hitting the brakes...car started swaying to both sides...freaked the **** outa me. today on on the highway heading home from work andd as im switching lanes, i get this same swaying feeling....like the springs are way to soft...does everyone have this 'issue' or is that just how the springs are?
if you guyes want pics just ask ill go snap soem real quick...looks real good though so i dont feel that bad
Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Is the car aligned? Are you on stock shocks?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

still on stock shocks...car was alligned before i had done the work. you think i should have it re aligned?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SSstud
still on stock shocks...car was alligned before i had done the work. you think i should have it re aligned?
You just lowered the car, and therefore changed the suspension geometry, so yes definitely.
If that doesn't help it could be the fact you are on shocks that struggle to damper springs with more travel and less spring rate (the stock springs), so on lower springs with more rate they are far past their limit. This will cause a floaty, bouncy, disconnected feel.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also, while you're at it, who did your alignment.

If a shop did it, make sure that your alignment has been done correctly as there seems to be a rash of incompetent alignment techs around these days, and it's apparently not just in one country.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

You have under dampened springs. Stock shocks cant dampen stock springs never mind Eibachs.

Also when you lower the car, the front gains more toe out. That could cause some instability.

Quick Reply: Eibach lowering springs