Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Weird Problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Weird Problem!!!

hey guys im just starting to mod the trans am and something has gone terribly wrong in the process. over the past 6 monthes i have gotten a new clutch (ls7), rebuilt transmission, jet hot headers (with a cutout), and i also installed a new slp lid. and I just recently changed the spark plugs. now that all of the basic info is out of the way, im hoping someone can give me some info. Between modifications the car has started to cutout during acceleration dramatically. It doesnt cut out at WOT but more or less half throttle just driving normally. I must also add that i havent had the car tuned yet, could that be the problem?? the engine has 115,000 on it and im trying not to put too much more money into it(saving up for an ls2), but i would like to get to the bottom of this problem. I would appreciate and help or advice thank you very much.

birdman
Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Teching In

doubt its the lack of tune. had the same setup on my car before further mods and i never had a problem.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Did you drop any of the plugs?? maybe one was cracked.. I'd check for spark.. then look into a cam or crank sensor... usually if it's one of those sensors though, it'll more than likely have problems starting and can even throw your speedo off, causing it to act irratically..
Old 06-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

i appreciate the info and i will check the plugs and check my sensors but i just put the plugs in 2 nights ago and the problem started a couple monthes ago after i installed the lid and headers!?!?!