General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help starting problem 00 SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help starting problem 00 SS

recently bought a 2000 camaro SS but has a problem wont start. checked a lot of things cranks over but doesnt start tried grounds,computer,battery alternator and cand find anything can any1 please help
Old 06-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Teching In

anything please help want my car back
Old 06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Teching In

okay, if u crankin u can cancel out the battery( but verify the voltage with and with out the load). and u can cancel out the starter (because its cranking). It takes 9.6 volts from a battery to turn the starter over. The alternator is not a concern because its only job is to charge the battery while the car is running, and urs isn't. Sooooo where do we go from here??? uhhhh ..... Fuel and Spark..... make sure the pump is operating, the fuel filter isn't clogged u can check each injector with a noid light to make sure their firing. And make sure it has gas first!!!!! check spark : check the condition of the plugs, all wires are hooked up and in good condition, ignition coil etc. an easy way to see if fuel is the problem is to get some starter fluid and spray it into the intake, and if u get some kick..... fuel is the problem. hope I gave some type of help.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

You didn't give much info. Was it this way when you bought it, or did it break down after you bought it? Does it have fuel or spark?

First I'd pull a plug and check for spark. Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on? If not you either have a bad pump, bad relay, or possibly a Vatts problem (if the security lighy is on). If the above is all OK check for the injectors working as stated above. If you have spark though the injectors will be working. If you have no spark or injectors you could have a bad cam or crank position sensor. You also didn't mention if the SES light is on. If so scan the PCM as it may tell you what is wrong.

Re'
Old 06-08-2008, 08:13 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

I moved your thread here to the General Maintenance & Repairs section where it belongs. Try to be patient, 10min after you started this thread you don't need to bump it. Also try and search.

BTW - Check your fuel filter and fuel pump and/or pressure.

Thanks,
Craig.
LS1TECH.com Staff
Old 06-08-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Try swapping the starter and ignition solenoids in the underhood fuse box. If after you do that it stops turning over then you need to replace a solenoid which costs about 12 bux. This happened to me not too long ago.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Teching In

it was not like this when i bought it recently broke down fuel pressure is good the check engine light is not on. took it 2 a dealorship and they said it was a bad ground but now its back 2 where we were before no start. thanks 4 the ideas i will check this out