Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wide band o2 set ups?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wide band o2 set ups?

i am thinking of getting a wide band o2 set up for tunung but dont want a permanent guage. can i just get the basic lm-1 kit http://www.titanmotorsports.com/lmdiairame.html
and the exhaust clamp?
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=250&page=2
Old 06-07-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes. It would be better though to get just the lm1 kit and weld in a bung after the collector. When it isnt in use you can screw the plug into the bung
Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

that sounds easy but my vette is slammed so "screwing the plug into the bung" would require a lift.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:12 AM
TECH Addict

Get some 2 X 10' boards and build some drive on ramps. Your bound to need to get under there for something else as well.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Curious why don,t you want the gauge?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

A clamp such as that is what the pros use with their dynos. I see no reason that it would not work with your setup also.
As a matter of fact, the last tuner I visited was using an LM1, so he must have been using that clamp (I wasn't paying much attention, it wasn't my car).
You would then feed the ouput of the LM1 into your tuning software and you are good to go.
I use an LM1 because A) The last thing I need is another freaking gauge staring at me while I am driving, and B) I can use it on multiple vehicles, including my motorcycles.

Link to the clamp did not work. Try this one:
Old 06-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Banned

I would advise against an LM-1 or anything from Innovate.
I had my LM-1 for 8 months, it broke three times in 8 months. The **** smokers in their forum tried telling me it must be something I'm doing wrong. And I'm not talking about the regular people, I'm talking about the ones associated with this **** company.
Innovate themselves were ****** saying they're not going to fix it for free if they test it and find out it's failing because of something I'm doing.
They fixed it three times for free.
I bought it new for near $350 used it maybe a total of three hours, and sold it for $150.
This is what happens when you treat a customer like ****, they spread the word.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
A clamp such as that is what the pros use with their dynos. I see no reason that it would not work with your setup also.
As a matter of fact, the last tuner I visited was using an LM1, so he must have been using that clamp (I wasn't paying much attention, it wasn't my car).
You would then feed the ouput of the LM1 into your tuning software and you are good to go.
I use an LM1 because A) The last thing I need is another freaking gauge staring at me while I am driving, and B) I can use it on multiple vehicles, including my motorcycles.

Link to the clamp did not work. Try this one:
this is what i would like to do. get the lm-1 and the exhaust clamp. l;ike you said i dont want a guage staring at me that is constantly going up and down. only when tuning would i want to see it.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

That will do it. I use my LM1 when I am tuning, and then only. I have had it at least 3 years, probably closer to 4. And it has been rock solid every time I use it. There are other brands out there, and there are proponents and opponents of each and every brand. But my LM1 has stood up for me.
Best of luck.