Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Popped out Sideskirt

Old 06-07-2008, 09:16 PM
TCW
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popped out Sideskirt

Why is my sideskirt or w/e its called slightly popped out and wont push back in? Its not much, mayby 1/3", but it isn't flush like the driver side.

Any ideas on the problem/fix?

Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

yeah ive got this problem too on my LT1 TA
Old 06-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

Mine came loose once. Just popped it all off and then pooped it back on, it was just one of the clips that came loose. try it
Old 06-08-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

pull it off and look at your clips, chances are one of them is out of wack, just push it back to where it goes and it should pop back on.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

theres two problems and i know this from experience; its happened and ive corrected it on all four of my fourth gen birds. Either 1) your fenders warped becuase it sits in the sun a lot and after all our fenders are simple plastic which makes them very susceptible to sun damaged they can only grow and shrink so many times before some of it becomes permanent. or and/or a combination 2) the little metal bracket where the rear of your fender connects to the body is out of whack and your fenders pushing out on your ground effects. If this is the case then its as simple as taking off the two bolts and droping this piece from between your fender and your car and laying against something flat and punding it back into a 2-d object rather that a 3-d.

OR

you side skirt has the problem as opposed to the above stated which would stem from your fender. In this case you probably need more double sided adhesive body tape cause your has lost its stickyness due to too much sun and or dirt.

if it isnt any of these, p[lease let us know. Everyone i know has fixed it with these few probl;ems if you encounter something new please let us know!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:26 PM
TCW
On The Tree

Next time I get my car on jackstands I'll try out all of the suggestions and update it here.

Thanks

Search this Thread