General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

inspection problems. HELP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inspection problems. HELP PLEASE!!

I can't get my car to pass TX state inspection with 3 monitors blowing an incomplete or no, only 2 can show as incomplete/no. I put in O2 simulators because I have longtubes to an offroad y with no cats. Currently the AIR, EVAP, HEATER are all on and I've heard the heater would be the easiest to get off as long as I cold start it between 41-86 degrees? Is this true?

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so how can I get one of these to go off?

Thanks Guys!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

go to a little town and get it done they dont check any of that or at least mine all they did was check lights and stuff and ran my insurance
Old 06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Teching In

What's up man. I live in N.Y and had a very similiar problem. I disconnected my battery to flush my coolant resevior the day before I took it to get an inspection. It failed due to the heated 02 sensor and catalyst monitors were incomplete or not ready to be tested. I also have 02 sims and an ORY pipe. I researched the **** out of this topic. Your computer will be ready after you complete specific driving cycles, it has nothing to do with mileage. There was nothing anybody could do for me because it's the computer that gives the inspection in my case and it just wasnt ready yet. So I learned of these "driving cycles" that required very specific driving and starting conditions wich drove me crazy with no results. I have a scanner so I could see my I/M readiness status. I gave up with the driving cycles after 6 days and just drove around normaly as much as I could. Day 8 I was good. Just mix up your driving (city, highway, cold-hot starts, short-long trips) and do it as often as you can. You should've recieved an extension that should be enough time. Hope this helps. Just drive man