Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

How good does bluetooth sound to other people? Is it worth adding.. I guess mine is Parrot and is supposed to be the best. Kenwood DDX-512. Anyone have any experience with it?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Sound quality varies from device to device. Some sound great, some don't. Also, the sound quality varies depending on who you call.

Either way, I still love having Bluetooth in my car. I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 and Pioneer Bluetooth module (I forget the model number). You don't have to go fishing for your phone to answer it or hold it during the conversation. I just roll up my windows (for privacy and to hear better) and press the answer button on the headunit. I also have a small Bluetooth Motorola flip earpiece that I keep in my jacket (my phone is bulky and I don't like holding it to talk, especially when I'm working at my PC).
Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Pioneer 7000BT with built in bluetooth and as long as the microphone is in the right place (visor for me), it's good. I've never used a Parrot product though.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I have used both the Pioneer that VIP1 refered to and the Kenwood. The Pioneer has slightly better sound quality because of their echo-cancelling microphone but the Kenwood works really well too. I have used it many times and never had anyone complain about sound quality.