Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Watched some Dumb@$$ in a Mustang wreck yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Watched some Dumb@$$ in a Mustang wreck yesterday.

So it was about 700pm and I was heading home from my friends house. My brother and I were coming down 55 towards 80 from the Channahon area. This total ******* in his, what looked to be a 93-94, Mustang comes flying up my ***. Not being satisfied with how fast I was going, he flew around me into the next lane and rode the next guys ***.

Next the dude cuts my brother off, who was in the Firebird. So all three of us, plus a mini van are on the ramp going on to 80. The dude flies up and starts riding this mini vans ***, swerving around him to see if someone was in front of him. As soon as the ramp touches 80, he was in the no driving zone, the little triangle of white lines that shows the merging lane, flying at about 100 mph +.

I was pissed at the guy for riding my ***, cutting off my brother and riding the next guys ***, so I started to fly after him to get his plate and report him. I hit 120 and wasn't gaining AT ALL on him so I backed off. All I thought of was wrecking my car.

I slowed back down to about 65-70 ish and saw him up ahead still. He came to this wide turn, nothing even major, and he totally lost control. His back end swung out and he went nose first into a guard rail. He had to be doing well over 120 when he hit. After he hit the guard rail he smoked some guy in a white G6, then hit another guard rail, then hit the G6 AGAIN. He ended up in front of the G6. The G6 was smashed badly on the passenger side and the Mustang was totaled, there were body parts everywhere.

The guy driving the G6 was an older guy, probably in his late 60's, with his wife. The guy in the Mustang was probably early 20's maybe even younger.

The kid gets out of his Mustang, his 2 friends got out also. Everyone was okay. The kids proceeded to start yelling at the guy in the G6 about how you are supposed to use a signal when you merge lanes. Nothing like asking the couple if they are okay or not, they only cared about themselves and their car.

It seemed like the couple was alright, I didn't notice the woman get out of the car, but the man did. He was completely shocked.

At this point I dialed 911 and reported the accident. Then I called the Joliet police department and reported how reckless the Mustang was, and that the accident was most definitely his fault. I didn't want those ******** to tell the cops that it was the G6's fault. That guy was just driving along minding his own damn business. I can't even imagine what it must have been like in the G6.

I drove away after that, I didn't want those kids trying to involve me in anything. I know the only reason those kids were acting ******* stupid was because they saw 2 loud muscle cars and thought they were cool.

Anyhow the whole reason I posted this is because it was a really nasty accident. I'm honesty surprised the guy didn't flip. They are so incredibly lucky. Did anyone else see the accident driving by on the other side? or does anyone know any of the people involved? I want to know what the hell those guys were thinking.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wht a bunch of morons....they could have killed someone...wht do u honestely have to prove in a 93 mustang
Old 06-08-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what a freind of mine is saying a few weekends ago a cobalt got on the highway with some other imports and for no reason stood on the brakes making one of those GEO SUV's or whatever spin out and force an f-body or two go threw the grass.

A few years back there was a 98ish stang weeaving threw traffig on the highway and a few minutes later went to cut off a Dodge 1 ton and got clipped and went head on into the wall.

I called it in and told the lady that the mustang had cut me off and others and caused the wreck. She thanked me for telling her.

A year or so after that a 16 year on in a DSM with a spare on weas weaving threw traffic on a busy street, his luck ran out, he plowed threw the water barrier and hit the overpass and later died. Saw that one also.

Another guy about 2 years later was doing over 100 in a dumdumdumdumdum (older guy) and lost in right into a building and later died....

Stupid people...........
Old 06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z

Stupid people...........
Absolutely.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

this reminds me of one time when I was on 294 and some guy goes flying by in a jaguar xj vert going about 100mph weaving all over in and out of cars. About 5 miles down the road I saw him on the shoulder on his cell phone and his jaguar was totalled!! I couldn't help but laugh.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by '99bluez
this reminds me of one time when I was on 294 and some guy goes flying by in a jaguar xj vert going about 100mph weaving all over in and out of cars. About 5 miles down the road I saw him on the shoulder on his cell phone and his jaguar was totalled!! I couldn't help but laugh.
I would have slowed down and laughed............ really I would have.........
Old 06-08-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen it before... Some people are just stupid and get way too crazy when they pull up next to another fast car. Couple years back at night I had a guy in a Red LS1 TA fly past me going 100 mph or more and still on it. I believe he was goofing around with a NBM C5 and trying to get me to go as well but I know better. Anyways there was a bunch of traffic 1/4 mile or so ahead of me around the bend. all I saw as I came around the bend was brake lights and the TA in a field spinning around and ending up in the woods all smashed. No other cars were involved so he probably could not stop in time and put the car into the field. He was lucky he went off the road as there was 100 yards of empty field before the woods to slow him down. If he would have gone off the road another 15 yards farther up he road would have gone straight into the woods and trees and probably be dead! When I got there the guy that wrecked was already out of the car and on the phone so he was alright but seriously I bet he didn't even know how lucky he was to be alive after doing something as stupid as that.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:28 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to be a jackass but you cant tell the difference between the 2 mustangs you listed? A 93 is a fox body mustang and a 94 is a sn-95 body style. That would be like saying it was either a 92 or 93 camaro they dont even look close at all.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by Slow94Formula
Not to be a jackass but you cant tell the difference between the 2 mustangs you listed? A 93 is a fox body mustang and a 94 is a sn-95 body style. That would be like saying it was either a 92 or 93 camaro they dont even look close at all.
seriously? who cares. pretty sure this isn't mustangtech.com
Old 06-08-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Old 06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Eh, reporting someone for their driving? Seems kind of "childish" to me, to each there own.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bombebomb
Eh, reporting someone for their driving? Seems kind of "childish" to me, to each there own.
how is tht childish? if someone almost killed u are u telling me tht u wouldnt call? please dude
Old 06-08-2008, 09:21 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Wow really o whoops im on the wrong site. Sorry for knowing what im talking about normally if i dont know what im talking about I dont say anything. If I didnt know about mustangs I wouldnt be posting what years they were if I didnt know the difference. And im pretty sure you would get bent if someone called your car a lt1 car or you would flame them one of the two. So here do us a favor

Last edited by Slow94Formula; 06-08-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bombebomb
He was doing it bc the guy was about to cause a wreck. He could have been drunk how would he know. The guy later causing a wreck shows that it would have been justified. And that Geo Tracker story sounds aweful familiar seeing I was behind the damn thing.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by Slow94Formula
Wow really o whoops im on the wrong site. Sorry for knowing what im talking about normally if i dont know what im talking about I dont say anything. If I didnt know about mustangs I wouldnt be posting what years they were if I didnt know the difference. And im pretty sure you would get bent if someone called your car a lt1 car or you would flame them one of the two. So here do us a favor
i don't care if someone thinks my car is a geo metro, won't make a difference when i land my front wheels on their deck lid now will it? you're getting riled up over nothing, since you are talking about doing favors I would do yourself one and calm down please.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

i cant stand people driving like ***, if not being concerned about your safety atleast car about others, i have already called in and pursued a drunk driver who almos side swipped a semi and other vehicles, part of being a responsible driver is helping to keep the road safe from people who dont deserve the privelige of being on the road, its not a right and people hurt innocent people.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by johnpr
i cant stand people driving like ***, if not being concerned about your safety atleast car about others, i have already called in and pursued a drunk driver who almos side swipped a semi and other vehicles, part of being a responsible driver is helping to keep the road safe from people who dont deserve the privelige of being on the road, its not a right and people hurt innocent people.
agreed, This guy was driving like a real dick, and I dont want to be on the same road as him nor do I want anyone in my family to either. This little jagoff should have his liscence taken away for some time to realize what a PRIVLEDGE it is to be able to drive somewhere. Its called reckless driving for a reason.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

I have followed someone that was drunk, reported wreckless driving, and have almost shot some chick texting while she was driving. You drive like a dick, then get off the road. Just because you own a sports car, doesnt mean you can drive it. I have also been on the other hand of those calls in my younger years. Live and learn Junior.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember 2 years ago maybe almost 3 on my way up to Northern WIS to go icefishing. Well it was about midnight when we left chicago and it was snowing HORRIBLE. Well it was me and my buddie just cruiseing in his old chevy 2500 in 4X4 when we came up on and old but nice looking benz. Probably early to middle 90s but it was the most expensive one you could buy for back then I guess. Well this guy was ALL over the road and me and my buddie and this guy were the only ones on the road at 230am up in the middle of WI. Well my buddie made a attempt to pass the guy but it didnt happen as the guy almost hit my buddie so I told my buddie to just follow him and put yur hazards on for the other cars coming up on us. Well since we didnt know where we were he called 911 and got a hold of the Wi state police and gave them the plate number of the Benz and also the mile marker we were at and gave them a description of the car. Well my buddie finally got around the guy after we were following him a good 20mins since he would of probably hit us thats how bad he was swerving. Well as sooon as we got around him i kept looking back and noticed that his headlights were gone so he went into the ditch going maybe 25mph. Lucky for us the state police was going the opposite way we were with his lights on so i imagine it was because of the call we made and we did see him stop so he saw the guy in the ditch and thats it. We never heard anything or went back to see what happend. When we passed the guy he was maybe 30-35years old and looked fully aware and wasnt falling asleep like we thought.

Sorry to hijack but it It brought back memories
Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

my second winter driving the highway was icy, I knew this and was driving about 50 because i was about to exit the highway and wanted to avoid having to press the brakes hard because the exit was a sharp turn, anyhow this guy shoots past me and cuts infront of me to take the same exit i planned on, he couldnt make the turn because the roads were icy (like i previously noted), he bounced off of one guard rail into another then back to the first and hit the curb on the other side of the exit. i drove by him at a cool 25 mph, which i felt was a safe speed to take the exit and just couldnt stop laughing about how stupid the guy was. ahhh people are so rediculous some times.