View Full Version : 2009 Dodge Challenger will start at...

ReFtheMC
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
http://static.taume.com/image/2009-Dodge-Challenger-RT.jpg

Back in April we reported (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/22/dodge-challenger-could-start-at-23-995/) a top Chrysler executive had leaked to The Detroit Free Press that the 2009 Dodge Challenger SE would start at $23,995. Apparently this executive is not very much in the loop, as Dodge officially announced today that the base model Challenger SE would start at just $21,995, which includes $675 for destination charges. Just to refresh your noodle, the Challenger SE is the base model and comes with a 3.5L V6 producing 250 horsepower and 250 pound-feet of torque. And for comparison's sake, a 2008 Ford Mustang V6 starts at $19,650, though that's excluding destination charges. The next best Challenger is the R/T model, which Dodge says can be had with a 370-hp 5.7L HEMI V8 starting at $29,995. Finally, the 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 that's already been on sale for a year will get a hefty $2,000 bump in its starting price from $37,995 to $39,995. The only new items on the SRT8 for 2009 are a standard limited-slip differential, High Performance Red and B5 Blue paint colors with black hood stripes, and a "pistol-grip" shifter with the Track Pak. Otherwise, the 425-hp muscle car remains largely the same. Does the $2,000 jump in price matter much, though, if you'll never be able to buy the car without a big dealer markup? Regardless, all three models will be available this fall and dealers are already taking orders.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/09/2009-dodge-challenger-will-start-at-21-995/

:cool:

fast01z28
06-09-2008, 05:19 PM
They are on sale already? I am yet to see one on the road. with what has been announced for the pricing on the camaro, it looks like chevy is going to loose out with the highest price in the segment.

ssbowtie1
06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
They are on sale already? I am yet to see one on the road. with what has been announced for the pricing on the camaro, it looks like chevy is going to loose out with the highest price in the segment.

Nothing has been announced yet regarding Camaro pricing.

GTO Madman
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
These challengers are going to be nice to see on the road.. especially in the rear view mirror haha soon enough it'll be muscle car wars

01SOMSS!
06-09-2008, 11:23 PM
i just nutted myself!

Assassin66
06-09-2008, 11:32 PM
eh...not really excited about the challenger...even after it showed up at Bob's Big Boy that night i wasn't really impressed...i wouldn't buy this heavy ass, slow, overpriced car with a 300C interior for that price!!

davidadavila
06-09-2008, 11:36 PM
the car is beautiful except for the quarter panels i would say......what they say its true the new 30 grand is 40 grand now, just let the car be out for a year with these gas prices they are going to drop to the floor which is also sad news for the camaro...

my wifes magnum hemi retail for 25000 i got it for 17000, and that was before the gas prices went up.....

Assassin66
06-09-2008, 11:40 PM
the car is beautiful except for the quarter panels i would say......what they say its true the new 30 grand is 40 grand now, just let the car be out for a year with these gas prices they are going to drop to the floor which is also sad news for the camaro...

my wifes magnum hemi retail for 25000 i got it for 17000, and that was before the gas prices went up.....

that is why they have V6 models and that is also why chevy is looking into the possibility of putting a turbocharged 4 banger in the new camaro to replace the V6 (from what i read, don't know if its true)...i could care less tho, I'd get a V8 regardless of gas prices, after all it wouldn't be my daily driver :chug:

davidadavila
06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
yep i got a 4 cylinder myself....... man i wonderhow long more is it going to take to get more info on the camaro, i heard they were supposed to go out for sale 2nd quarter of next year.......

Assassin66
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
yep i got a 4 cylinder myself....... man i wonderhow long more is it going to take to get more info on the camaro, i heard they were supposed to go out for sale 2nd quarter of next year.......

yeah they are supposed to be on sale early in the year...as early as february or march from what i've heard...i think we'll be filled in on the details by no later than like september :nod:

carbonfiberbird
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
The interior is boring, the performance sucks ASSS and its EXPENSIVE as hell, but it does look really bad ass, but I will still never own one, wait till the new camaro comes out, that car is gonna be the shit!

allblacksrt4
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
new camaro is going to be slow, heavy and expensive to. I love the way the challenger looks

02NHRAtransAm
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
The interior is boring, the performance sucks ASSS and its EXPENSIVE as hell, but it does look really bad ass, but I will still never own one, wait till the new camaro comes out, that car is gonna be the shit!

the camaro is gunna be :turd:

carbonfiberbird
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
new camaro is going to be slow, heavy and expensive to. I love the way the challenger looks

The challenger has poven itself to suck ass, you dont know how the new camaro will do but the number look good z28 400hp and ss with at least 500, cts chassis so you know its gonna handle and drive good, just wait the camaro is going to be bad ass, the only thing the challenger has is looks.

allblacksrt4
06-10-2008, 03:52 PM
ss camaro wont have 500 hp. they would never do that because of the corvette. And the challenger has 425hp and offers 2 v8 choices. those 5.7 hemi's respond very well to head/cam combos.

Dan
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't think they would be stupid enough to put a 4 banger in a Camaro, I don't give a rats ass how much HP it puts out, It's still a 4 banger & people will be turned off by it. Like I have said all along, GM has their head up their asses. No Drivetrain reported yet? No prices yet? Fucking assclowns. Maybe they are waiting for gas to be over $5 a gallon to announce anything. Oh yeah, the official unveiling for the 100th time will be in September at the Indy show.

carbonfiberbird
06-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't think they would be stupid enough to put a 4 banger in a Camaro, I don't give a rats ass how much HP it puts out, It's still a 4 banger & people will be turned off by it. Like I have said all along, GM has their head up their asses. No Drivetrain reported yet? No prices yet? Fucking assclowns. Maybe they are waiting for gas to be over $5 a gallon to announce anything. Oh yeah, the official unveiling for the 100th time will be in September at the Indy show.

I guess we dont really know how the camaro will be like because like you said, they have changed so many things.

carbonfiberbird
06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
ss camaro wont have 500 hp. they would never do that because of the corvette. And the challenger has 425hp and offers 2 v8 choices. those 5.7 hemi's respond very well to head/cam combos.

It could very well have 500 hp, this is my theory the new vette will come with the a barely detuned version of the zo6 and the zr1 vette will replace the z06. They did it with the older body style. When the new c6 came out it was almost as good as the old z06 performance wise.

And just the fact that you even have to do work to an expensive ass car to make it fast, is just plain stupid and the car is HEAVY, not muscle car heavy, sedan heavy. But nor you nor I know what the camaro is gonna be like I just THINK its gonna be the shit, just my opinion.

But the fact remains that the challenger has shit performance. What will sell it is the name and the look.

02NHRAtransAm
06-10-2008, 05:31 PM

not to mention you can get a t-56 behind both of them for the 09 model year :drool:

carbonfiberbird
06-10-2008, 05:36 PM
plus the vette is just a different class car thats like saying theres no way a cts can come with the z06 motor

carbonfiberbird
06-10-2008, 05:37 PM
not to mention you can get a t-56 behind both of them for the 09 model year :drool:

actually its comes with the tr60/60

02NHRAtransAm
06-10-2008, 06:23 PM
actually its comes with the tr60/60

same shit..... :jest:

carbonfiberbird
06-11-2008, 12:51 AM
I guess your right. I wasnt trying to be a dick or anything:angel:

Assassin66
06-11-2008, 01:05 AM
well mustangs are ugly...have shitty ass performance and some of the models are ridiculously expensive for the performance they offer and people still buy them...so i think that the camaro's chances are pretty damn good.

carbonfiberbird
06-11-2008, 01:40 AM
well your right but when gm was making the camaro and firebirds the mustang gt's were way cheaper than the f bodys and the cobra of its time 02 and back had almost the same performance and were just a little cheaper. The mustang has had the pony car class all to it self, dodge still poses no threat(performance wise) the gt500 is a way better performer than the srt8 challenger in every way except stoping the challenger stopped one foot faster.

I would take a gt500 over a challenger any day of the week. I dont even think the challenger RT will break into the 13s, but I'll just have to wait and see. When I look at a car I mostly look at performance, thats why I like f-bodies so much the price/performance ratio is great, not to mention I think they look mean as hell.

I am just waiting for that new camaro to see what its like, to me its by far the best looking, I just wanna see the performance.

BigDaddyBry
06-11-2008, 02:47 AM
I don't think they would be stupid enough to put a 4 banger in a Camaro, I don't give a rats ass how much HP it puts out, It's still a 4 banger & people will be turned off by it.

Have you read the next gen vette may have a 4.7L? Smaller engines aren't out of the question.

BigDaddyBry
06-11-2008, 02:54 AM

Don't know if this will carry over to the 2009/10 Challengers, but the 5.7L Hemi will be rated at just over 400tq.

There's also talk of the 6.4L Hemi going into the SRT-8s. That's rated at 505hp in race set-up, so slightly less (440-480?) in the production version.