Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEGREASER for cleaning out a block

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEGREASER for cleaning out a block

Whats your thought on useing a simple green /water solution for cleaning trany /coolant from your engine and coolant system. Had a bad rad put Evans /trannny fluid threw my block turbos ETC This stuff get clumpy when watersc added to it!! I was thinking of useing hot *** water with some simple green added to it to pour into my coolant system and actually run the engine to get it circulating to clean her out or would you guys just wait to pull the engine and hose it out on the engine stand 0R disasemble completly Im thinking a good degreaser should get the job done I actually dont want the engine getting hot at all with the degreaser solution in it just mix up 4 or 5 buckets of the stuff and run it threw!!!!then after shes all cleaned out maybe send my evans water pump back beings its brand new and have them put new rubber seals and stuff in it since tranny fluid is not good for the rubbers and stuff from what ive just heard latlyI knowthe tranny has to come out and be gone threw Not a biggy The engine is what i dont want to have to get into and have disasembled That right there might be a 2 3 month ordeal for a busy machine shop!!!!What would you guys do ???Please any advice is better then none !!!I dont want topull the engine So lets go from there!!Thanks BARNAT
Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually most cleaners cause foam/suds & this will make it very hard to get out of an assembled engine. I would start with radiator flush & run the engine to get it hot. Most of these solutions are very potent. K&W as well as Permatex make some serious radiator cleaners. Try your local radiator shop for a source. It may take a few tries, with a few water rinses in between, but I would try this first.

The store type Prestone brand cleaners etc. are pretty mild as well as diluted simple green... it has to be full strength to do a good job removing grease.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guy,Thats what im gonna do!! get some good rad flush and go to town !!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I think Lonnie is right. Also pick up a flush kit that hooks to the heater hose and pull the thermastat when doing it.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im luck too that i still have my stock rad so verses pushing anymore of this pink **** from hell, threw my engine!! .Im gonna pull this Be Cool rad because its being replaced anyways and ill but the stocker in and go from there with the flush!!