Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie , just saying hello to all !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:08 AM

Location: i live on a ship in the gul of mexico , sometimes georgia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie , just saying hello to all !!!

hey everyone , just saying hello . thanks for having me !! hahaha its my first LS1 and havent even scratched the surface of it yet . i have a 1962 vette that its going into , i am tryin to decide if im goin with a five speed or six , any input would definatley be apreciated !!! anyway thanks again and look foward to listening to your advice !
Old 06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

welcome...go with the 5spd
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Launching!

welcome aboard man! I would ask myself if i was going to be driving it on a fast moving freeway with a low or high geared rear end? And make my choice based on that. Are you going to need that extra overdrive gear?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Another newbie just saying hey, good luck with the vette
Old 06-13-2008, 03:55 AM

hey guys , yeh im going to DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF IT !!! around town and long hauls !!! cross country hopefully , my concern was for the power and torque that the t56 can handle ?? i havent had much good feed back as to longevity of the 6 speed !! the tko 500 or 600 ive only heard from 1 person ( a salesman )) hahaha said it could handle the beatings ?? the gear ratio will have to wait on what i decide to do with the trans and size wheels and tires , the car complete will only weigh in at about 2800lbs not including my fat *** !! but still light enough to be a monster !! anyway thanks again for having me , and your replies !! good luck with your projects as well ...
Old 06-13-2008, 04:02 AM

hey guys , yeh im going to DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF IT !!! around town and long hauls !!! cross country hopefully , my concern was for the power and torque that the t56 can handle ?? i havent had much good feed back as to longevity of the 6 speed !! the tko 500 or 600 ive only heard from 1 person ( a salesman )) hahaha said it could handle the beatings ?? the gear ratio will have to wait on what i decide to do with the trans and size wheels and tires , the car complete will only weigh in at about 2800lbs not including my fat *** !! but still light enough to be a monster !! anyway thanks again for having me , and your replies !! good luck with your projects as well ...