Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this suffice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this suffice?

Instead of drilling a good sized hole to fit the blow down tube, I was thinking of using an adaptor off the blow down valve and run a steel braided line through the small hole already in the spare tire well. In the 98-02 Trans Am, there is a small hole usually covered with a rubber grommet, and i could possibly thread a line through there and use a nut to hold it in place. My question is, would this work in place of a blow down tube and second, is there such an adaptor? I am sure russell (brand) makes something for what I am looking for.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure you use a bulkhead fitting through the body. This is absolutly necesary to prevent the braided line from 'whipping' if the valve ever lets go.
I know NX sells -8 to -6 and I believe -8 to -4 adapters. (they sell them for that giant bottle valve they make which is a -8) Then you could run a -6 or -4 if your really set on running a smaller line.
Otherwise Nitrous Outlet sells the braided Blow down kits which already has all the fittings you need.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

I used the -8 Bulk head penetration from Summit Racing...LOL as a matter of Fact 860 installed it for me

Cutting those hoses and putting the blasted fittings on them is a real pain! Cover them with tape before ya cut the braided end and lubricate the hose ends to slip the fittings on.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Here is the complete kit for you! We use to carry the metal tube blowdown but this out sold it by a mile so we sell it exclusively now.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=86

Enjoy!
Dean
Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Thanks. I thought I had seen it on the site, but couldn't find it when I was looking ( isn't that always the case) Now I'll just have to return my NOS blow down tube.