Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good is the Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How good is the Predator?

How good is the Predator? Are people having success w/it after installing a big cam, etc.? How good are the custom tunes and how much do they cost?
Old 08-14-2003, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: How good is the Predator?

I have just recently purchased a Predator and they have done a custom tune to get rid of the Skip Shift for free. I have a set LT headers, ORY, Hooker catback, 918 springs, and a TR224 cam on the way. They are doing a custom for these mods. They have never asked for any money for the custom tunes. I can tell you how well it works in a few weeks. I have recieved excellant tech help and service from them. I have also read that you can purchase a Predator from James at http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/ and he will do custom tunes and take care of you. I purchased mine through Summit and I have went through DiabloSport directly. If I would have read more before my purchase I believe I would have made the purchase through him.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Restricted User

Ditto about james, sales@runninwiththedevil.com and he is great help. My cam has been dialed in real close, but then I went and asked for the octane tables to be modified and such, so to be certian no other changes were made, I am going to check again on wideband and dyno. Over all, it is a good tool, and tuner/programmer. Theres some informative post with user experience in this section...maybe added by me, muhaha.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Teching In

ttt, technoman wanted to see what you got as far as gains, and if it was all i was going to need.. power mods are: lid, home ported maf, fra, hooker long tubes, hooker ory, hooker catback, thats really all i'm planning on doing powerwise, and i haven't got the hooker lts/ory yet, on a side note, did anyone happen to have a better alternative to the 90* merging of the hooker y-pipe or should i not even worry about it?
Old 08-20-2003, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Parts are all suppossed to be here by Friday. If all goes well I will have an answer to the question at hand on Monday. I work a few(several) blocks from Lingenfelters and I will most likely get it there to check how it is doing on a Dyno soon.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Installed a TR224, LT's, ORY, Hooker cat back, !EGR, !AIR and installed custom tune with Predator. Car runs much better, no codes so far. Idle did a little hunting around but not much at all. I have not had chance to see what the O2 readings and other data is at yet. Throttle response is great and the fuel milage seems to be the same on the 50 mile cruise home from my friends shop. I am very pleased with the Predator. Need to get the car on a dyno and get the rest of the story as the saying goes.