PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Expert tuners opinion

Old 06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Expert tuners opinion

I need your expert opinion. I live in "HOT" AZ and my home track is "The Strip" at Las Vegas. I am doing a head/cam/headers install at the same time so I am going to have it tuned. My question is, should I go to CA and have my car tuned by some of the best tuners in a climate that I won't be racing in or should I find a tuner in Vegas that may not have the same experience but will tune in the correct weather conditions? I realize the PCM will adjust for conditions but what would be best?

Thanks, Mike V
Old 06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a tough one, I definitely wouldn't go to a tuner with little to no experience tuning LS1's but its always best to have someone that deals with YOUR weather conditions day in and day out.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by foff667
Thats a tough one, I definitely wouldn't go to a tuner with little to no experience tuning LS1's but its always best to have someone that deals with YOUR weather conditions day in and day out.
Its definitely a dilemma, I know guys in CA that have gone from one experienced tuner to another and picked up substantial HP gains from base to final so this situation really has me thinking. I am sure some of the big tuners in CA probably tune 4 cars to every one at a Vegas shop. That kind of numbers/experience is bound to reap better results just from the sheer numbers.

Mike V
Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael V
I need your expert opinion. I live in "HOT" AZ and my home track is "The Strip" at Las Vegas. I am doing a head/cam/headers install at the same time so I am going to have it tuned. My question is, should I go to CA and have my car tuned by some of the best tuners in a climate that I won't be racing in or should I find a tuner in Vegas that may not have the same experience but will tune in the correct weather conditions? I realize the PCM will adjust for conditions but what would be best?

Thanks, Mike V
if it were me i would take it to the better tuner and tell him your conditions and get thim to tune it to your area
Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 86montecarloss
if it were me i would take it to the better tuner and tell him your conditions and get thim to tune it to your area
Is it possible to tune for a hot/dry climate in a cool/moist one or do you just have to know what parameters will change?

Mike V

Search this Thread