General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Anyone help with my problem??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone help with my problem??

So I took my 2000 Trans Am WS6 to the track today to open her up. I went for my first pass did a burnout, launched hard heard a small thud (near the rear, i almost **** myself). Went through first fine, second fine, slammed it in third and mashed the gas peddle and had absolutley no throttle response in third... Finished the race checked out the car everything seemed fine. Lined her back up for round 2 did a burnout and the throttle got stuck at 5k rpm after i put it in neutral.... Turned it off for a couple seconds at the line and turned it back on and it went straight to 5k rpm's and stopped there again. Cut it and opened the hood played with the throttle cable and turned it back on and it worked and i went down the track. White smoke poured out of the exhaust to prolly the end of the track 1/8 mile and then stopped when i went to turn around. Later I went to check out the car, it wasn't tuned after longtubes, ORY, and Loudmouth so the check engine light had just turned out and it suddenly went out.... Also it normally idle's at 900 rpm's but now was acting like it was cammed jumping between 400 to 700 (only for a few startup's). After that i drove it around and it was fine until i revved it two times to 3k and white smoke poured out. I was clueless as to what happened but it drove home fine. Any suggestions would be helpful as i'm on a small budget at the moment and can't pay 100 people to fix it.

It seemed to me that it was either something with the throttle / idler, or something with the computer or like sensors. I dont know what the thud in the back of the car near the rear could be but of course that is why I am asking you all. All input is wanted and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump for a new day and i am desperate!!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Teching In

i hate when people dont answer me so here goes my 2 cents. sounds like your throttle cable assembly is sticking some. thats not that big of a deal. the smoke thing sounds a lot worse. sounds like when it stuck at 5000 you may have a cylinder leaking water. like a gasket or something. does the smoke come out at idle or just under load. it may be the o2 sensors.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got all brand new 02 sensors when i got the longtubes put on roughly a month ago. The smoke only happened when I revved it up to 3k and it poured out a little bit then after i drove it and parked it the smoke stopped. It only seemed to come out when i revved it up. I drove it home fine without any smoke at all which was a pretty healthy drive, 15-20 min ride.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I checked the oil today and the dipstick read it was full and it's the same color it always is not milky white or anything. I let hit run for maybe 20 min's to warm up then revved it a bunch of times ranging from 2k ~ 3500. (I live in a neighborhood and didn't wanna be too mean). There weren't any problems, no smoke or anything. Only thing next I could think to do would be go open it up on the road and see if throttle sticks again??? It did idle about 50~100 rpm's lower after i revved it than it normally does... Any possible suggestions on what to do?? This is the recent update.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why do u have 4 o2's when u have a ORY??? as for ur problem, im guessing u have a misfire or either the valve stem seals went out on a cylinder. that white smoke u made is oil man, thats some serious ****! start removing ur spark plugs and check each cylinder for a sign of burned oil on the plugs goodluck! btw the valve stem seals are not that hard just need to remove a valve spring
Old 06-14-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the person who installed my LT's and ORY put the 02's on i have no clue but i can't afford to replace them now so oh well. The white smoke was only one time, i've revved her up and run her after that and nothing so maybe it was just a little oil that burned off. hrmm i guess i should read up on how to remove all that and check those areas. thanks for the help hope it's nothing crazy because the other day it seemed perfect but i know there has to be something wrong with it.