Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Waterpump ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Electric Waterpump ?

Were is everyone getting power for electric waterpump once the key is turned on?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 05:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The battery.

I have the Meziere EWP, and if the car were to get really hot at the track, you can shut the motor off and turn key fwd to run the pump off the battery. Really helps get the temp back down before the next run.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
The battery.

I have the Meziere EWP, and if the car were to get really hot at the track, you can shut the motor off and turn key fwd to run the pump off the battery. Really helps get the temp back down before the next run.
Are they reliable for a daily driver? I had considerd one but I was told no/no by many people. And thats a nice frc you have allngn.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason some people say no is that they run at one speed. This could be an issue in some circumstances.

The alternative is a waterpump that runs faster and circulates the fluid through the radiator for better quicker. These are mechanical. Edelbrock will have thier out sometime in the next decade. Evans makes one as well and Nasty Performance sells them. I have a mezeire in my car, havent had an issue yet.

Also it comes with instructions as to how to wire it. Direct to the battery or with a relay and only turns on when you turn the car on.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is powered by the same trigger as the fuel pump relay...when the fuel pump is on, the water pump is on.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've had mine the last couple of years and it has never let me down. 100 degree weather, bumper to bumper traffic, stop and go, my motor stayed cool. On the DD tip, sure as long as you realize that you might consider rebuilding it every 2 years to maintain a high level of dependability. I think Meziere suggests sending it back to them to get them gone over / Refurbished after 2 years. Check there website.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hope my comments helped man. Good luck with the install if you decide to get it.

I would put this opinion out there though. I feel its more for occasional drives, and weekend warrior stuff. However mine performed flawless on a couple 1200 mile trips. I say occasional driver, weekend warrior to make the ewp last longer thats what I meant by the comment.