Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hello everyone! I am new and I have heard great things about your website, and figured I would come check it out.

Figured I would give some background first. My dad had originally bought a 2004 GTO with the 4 Speed transmission, with 3,000 miles on it. We got a smokin deal on it so we didnt pass it up. About a year later we ordered a D1SC Procharger kit for it and it became my favorite car. It would make me grin so much my cheeks would become soar while driving it. We had it running about 7.5 PSI, and it put down 425rwhp, and 440rwtq on a basic EFI live tune.

Then, sadly one morning my dad wrecked the car into a utility pole, the rear end was a serious handful when you got on it especially from a stop.

We bought the car back from the Insurance company for like $2,900, and the car sat in our garage for about a year. I had always liked the 240Z and I was going to sell the LS1 to buy an RB26 and put that in the Z, but I decided, hell, I have the LS1, I am going to do that. So here I am.

I don't have our GTO anymore, but I do have an LS1.

Last edited by jhombre; 06-13-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Updated, with pics ^. I have a lot more pics, on my desktop with a few videos of the car with the procharger, I will have to transfer them and post them up.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

i take it as the d1 procharger is done??
Old 06-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wsick
i take it as the d1 procharger is done??
No sir. The Procharger barely escaped the wrath of the pole. The only thing that could be wrong is the precision bearing inside, and if that is messed up it will be sent back to ATI to get another installed, and the head unit inspected.