Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Can someone tell me what all is required to have a fuel pressure gauge mounted to the ds fuel rail? I tried searching but didn't come up with what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

Would this work?

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=249

Last edited by Z28Camaro01; 06-12-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added product
Old 06-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

yes it would
Old 06-12-2008, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

so that'll work without any kind of adapter or anything? do I need to take out the shrader (sp?) valve or something?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

yes that will work fine. yes, you just remove the shrader valve and attach that fitting to the fuel rail and either attach a gauge to it or elec sending unit so you can have the gauge in the car, the sending unit will send the signal of the fuel press to your gauge in the car...thats what I have and its been quite usefull.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99WS7
yes that will work fine. yes, you just remove the shrader valve and attach that fitting to the fuel rail and either attach a gauge to it or elec sending unit so you can have the gauge in the car, the sending unit will send the signal of the fuel press to your gauge in the car...thats what I have and its been quite usefull.
stupid question but...

how do you remove the schrader valve? and when you remove it, will fuel start spraying everywhere?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
stupid question but...

how do you remove the schrader valve? and when you remove it, will fuel start spraying everywhere?
You have to depressurize the system first. You just take a couple of paper towels and hold them against the valve as you press the little thing in the middle. A little gas will come out as the pressure is relieved. Then you take this little tool (shrader valve removal tool) and just stick it in there and turn it counter clockwise and the little button thing that you pushed comes right out. This just leaves an open fuel rail which you attach the gauge to.

That gauge thats pictured looks like a mechanical gauge. Im guessing that that goes right on the end of the rail. If you wanted one that you can view from inside the car, you would be better off getting an electrical gauge.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DropTopBird
You have to depressurize the system first. You just take a couple of paper towels and hold them against the valve as you press the little thing in the middle. A little gas will come out as the pressure is relieved. Then you take this little tool (shrader valve removal tool) and just stick it in there and turn it counter clockwise and the little button thing that you pushed comes right out. This just leaves an open fuel rail which you attach the gauge to.

That gauge thats pictured looks like a mechanical gauge. Im guessing that that goes right on the end of the rail. If you wanted one that you can view from inside the car, you would be better off getting an electrical gauge.
ok that makes sense... so you don't need the schrader in there for the FR's to operate correctly?

I have an autometer "inside the car" cobalt series guage for my fuel pressure...

I got one of these fittings for the sender... just haven't figured out what all I need to do to install it yet...

also... the little black plastic cap that unscrews off of the FR... when I put this new sender adapter on there, do I need a new special cap to screw onto the end of it? Or will the black plastic one suffice just screwing it onto the end of the new adapter?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

So you do have an electrical one correct? I think there used to be ones that you could run the fuel line inside the car to. Obviously its much safer to use an electrical gauge. A little electrical sender goes on that adapter you bought (which it sounds like you have) and then you provide power, ground, and the output from the sender to the guage. Usually you have to power the gauge from a 12v source inside the car too.

I dont know if that one has a shrader valve in the end of that adapter, or if you can put one in it. If it does have a shrader valve, you dont NEED the cap, its just protection. Usually your stock cap should fit it. If it doesnt have a shrader valve, youll need something a little stronger than the plastic cap to make sure the fuel doesnt leak out. Btw dont forget to use thread sealer on all your connections.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

^^pretty much what he said. Its real simple just take your time, wiring the gauge is easy. I have the same fitting above...I spray a wet shot so I have a braided line attached to female fitting, you could just cap it too.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

yes... my sender/guage is electrical. Everything is already wired except for the sender itself.

Thanks for the help guys... that clears a lot of my confusion up
Old 08-16-2008, 01:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Is this generally the same for LT1?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

I just purchased an AEM digital fuel pressure guage and now in the same boat. I need an adapter to connect to the fuel rail. Anyone know the part number to said adapter?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

the adapter I'm using is a Female AN (for the rail) to a female pipe thread (for the sender).

The fitting pictured above would work (use the female pipe thread in the middle for the sender) but you'll need to cap off the male AN port with a cap that's available for AN ports. Use threadsealer on the pipe thread, not on the AN ports.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Gauge?