Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing Swi Jack..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Swi Jack..

I have no clue how to do it.. Can anyone help? Whitebird?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

I have yet to buy and install one but I am planning too. From my understanding you only need to hook up three wires. The Green one from the JACK goes to the dark blue wire on the factory connector (blue wire comes from steering wheel controls). Then you just hook up power (switched) and ground. If you go to the PAC website they have some detailed instructions about how to program.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks man,I really appreciate that.. I saw all the wires and I'm like my god..LOL..
Old 06-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There are a lot of wires but most of them are used for setting options for different makes of vehicles. The red wire goes to switched power (connect it to the red wire in the stereo adapter harness). The black wire goes to ground (connect it to the black wire in the stereo adapter harness). The green wire goes to the dark blue wire in the factory stereo harness (there is no equivalent wire in the harness adapter). Finally, the light blue/yellow wire on the opposite end (beside the 1/8" plug wire) connects to the corresponding light blue/yellow wire in the stereo adapter harness. You can ignore all the other wires.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

I believe the light blue/yellow wire is only used with Kenwood head units.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
I believe the light blue/yellow wire is only used with Kenwood head units.
Yes, that's correct. He has a Kenwood DDX512. The other brands that use the SWI-JACK (JVC, Alpine, Clarion) use the 1/8" plug instead of the blue/yellow wire.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks White,as usual your the greatest.. Sounds easy enough. Now I just have to cut the crimps off,wire it and recrimp it. I'll do it tomorrow,plus put the new Boston Pro60's in the doors. Next I'm going to order the bluetooth add one for the ph..
Old 08-28-2010, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
There are a lot of wires but most of them are used for setting options for different makes of vehicles. The red wire goes to switched power (connect it to the red wire in the stereo adapter harness). The black wire goes to ground (connect it to the black wire in the stereo adapter harness). The green wire goes to the dark blue wire in the factory stereo harness (there is no equivalent wire in the harness adapter). Finally, the light blue/yellow wire on the opposite end (beside the 1/8" plug wire) connects to the corresponding light blue/yellow wire in the stereo adapter harness. You can ignore all the other wires.
Yes, I am bringing this back from the dead!

Anyway, I have a Kenwood HU. All I have for a harness is the wires coming out of the column (my car is a 98 and never had steering wheel controls so I swapped columns). The wires coming out of the column are yellow, green, gray, and black/white. NO BLUE WIRE, so what wire do I hook the green wire (coming from the SWI-JACK) up to?

Also, the 1/8" plug wire is not used?

Did I waste $100 buying a column that has the wires running through it?

Last edited by 9t8z28; 08-28-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Installing Swi Jack..