Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Composite or Aluminium Intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Composite or Aluminium Intakes?

I have seen both out on the market and just wondering what you guys run. I am going to replace the ol stocker with ls6 intake but i found aluminuim intaked like the typhoon and bbk that my work too. i know the fast intakes is/are the best one on the market but it is too expesive concidering the moddist setup im goin to run.
Anyone out there run the metal intakes? Do you have problems with heat soaking?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You opened a big can of worms now. This has been discussed so much you can probably find over 20 threads in a search for Aluminum intakes.

Your gonna get very opinionated anwsers goin in both directions. I went Aluminum b/c I do not believe the heat soak is as big a issue as some try to make others believe. I think this just for the fact that the only time air is going to be in the intake long enough to warm any is gonna be sitting in traffic & we all know you don't need max power sitting at a red light. Once moving the air does not stay inside the intake long enough to hurt performance at WOT where it matters most. Also the Aluminum will not be damaged in the case of a nitrous backfire where as a composite will shatter into a million pieces & also a Aluminum intake will stay cooler while shooting nitrous. Aluminum is also better in boosted application.

It really comes down to personal preference. Go whatever route you feel best with.