Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stinkin Pink Wires!!! -plz help me finish this swap-

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stinkin Pink Wires!!! -plz help me finish this swap-

First this is my first post here, I generally stick to IFSJA but I need help from all the LSx folks. I am currently finishing up the install of a 5.3L from a 2002 Silverado into a 1977 Jeep Wagoneer. I have 90% of things buttoned up but the F'in wiring is killing me. For some reason I can seem to get power to the pink wires. Now if I have read correctly they should be on when in run and start, is this correct? I am using the donor vehicle under hood fuse box and have found that a few of my wires are different than almost all the posts I have read. I got the thing turning over but that is about it. I have read most every thread I could, but have failed to find a similar situation.

I am not sure what info anyone might need so I will make a short list of what I am working with:

*2002 5.3L with stock harness and under hood fuse box
*2000 4L60E
*NP208
*ECM flashed by wait4meperformance for swap, turned off most everything.

I have used the search button, and done a fair amount of research but just can't seem to get it. Please help a fellow swapper out, Thanks!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 04:44 AM
On The Tree

You could post a little more info. Do you have a wiring diagram? Usually a solid pink wire on a GM is a power wire that is hot in the run position. I can shoot you a diagram but what area of the harness are you working with?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ssvolvo
You could post a little more info. Do you have a wiring diagram? Usually a solid pink wire on a GM is a power wire that is hot in the run position. I can shoot you a diagram but what area of the harness are you working with?
I have just about every diagram from this site. I am trying to use the factory under hood fuse box and that is where I am running into trouble. So far out of the few wires I am to use only one has been in the usual location. For example, most everyone uses f1 in c3 for the fuel pump. Mine isn't there. People use C10 on C1 for the ignition, mine is f10 in C2. I am getting no where fast. I am thinking of stripping all the crap off and creating a stand alone. i was to believe that using the stock harness and fuse box would be the easiest route. So what it boils down to is that I can't get the relay to make the pink wire hot in run/start. I have replace the relays, so I know they are good..... I am stumped.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

As ssvolvo has said, it's a little hard to help with the description of the problem you've given. We need more info. Are you sure that you have the correct diagrams for your application? As far as not getting power to the pink wires, does the '02 setup use a powertrain relay to feed the rest of the circuits? If so, is that wired up correctly? Which area are you not seeing power to when in the run position? Coils, injectors, O2's, MAF, etc etc?
Old 06-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Pardon my ignorance when it comes to this, I guess I am just not sure of the information needed.

My understanding is that the pink wires in C2 all need power in run/start. Again my understanding is that A9 should activate a relay to power IGN 1 circuit, which in turn gives power to the injectors, coils and a few other do-dads. These are the items which are hooked the all of the pink wires in C2. Now as far as having the correct harness and box I am almost certain they are correct since they came all hooked together from the salvage yard. The engine, harness, ECM and fuse box are all from what I am told was a 2002 Silverado.

I am not sure what other information I need to give since I really have no clue as to where to go from here I guess what I am really looking for is insight as the where o' where is the connection that pulls activates the relay, I just can't seem to find it and I have been testing all the pins in the back if the fuse box for like a week. I understand if nobody knows, but please if you have any idea or need specific info let me know. As I have limited understanding of wiring and what is pertinent to the topic and trouble shooting it.

I hate to be a pain in the *** with stuff that is probably simple, but.................
Old 06-14-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you are building your own harness, the only way to do this is to have the schematics from the vehicle and the schematics from the motor/harness.

Identify each wire on the car side and the same on the harness on the motor.

Either spice or connect matched pairs.

Not much else we can help you with. We don't know what you've done already.

There are things on the later motor that won't be on the 77 body style.

Sounds like you need a "stand-alone" harness.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Teching In

I got it figured out, Thanks
Old 06-14-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jeep, here is the post I pm'd you about.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/936409-99-02-schematics.html

Quick Reply: Stinkin Pink Wires!!! -plz help me finish this swap-