Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interface addes fuel when not at wot?

Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default interface addes fuel when not at wot?

says pulls timing when its on, but how does it know when to add the extra fuel? does it have a built in tps? and only adds the fuel at wot ot does it add fuel all the time when its on
Old 06-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Launching!

It's wired in-line w/ window switch, WOT, etc. So what ever your current trigger wire is will go to the interface and then it has an output wire that will provide ground trigger to relay. It sends signal to add fuel at same time it sends trigger to relay.

That's how I understand it anyway and mine seems to be working correctly.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, correct. That's the beauty of it, no messing with n/a fueling or timing.
Robert
Old 06-14-2008, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

so it will only add fuel, and retard timing when at wot
Old 06-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

If wired correctly, then yes. You don't have to ask how I know but I'm certain if wired incorrectly it will add fuel and pull timing as soon as you hit the low RPM for the WS

When wired correctly it won't add fuel or pull timing until all other trigger events have occured, i.e. WOT, RPM window, FPSS and nitrous arming switch on. I was out tweaking on VE and MAF settings today. I did several WOT passes and interface never pulled timing or tried to add fuel.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad6as
so it will only add fuel, and retard timing when at wot
It will only do what it's made to do when you activate it. When you trigger the input, it activates and closes the relay on the nitrous kit(activating the solenoid).
Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by crewchef
If wired correctly, then yes. You don't have to ask how I know but I'm certain if wired incorrectly it will add fuel and pull timing as soon as you hit the low RPM for the WS

When wired correctly it won't add fuel or pull timing until all other trigger events have occured, i.e. WOT, RPM window, FPSS and nitrous arming switch on. I was out tweaking on VE and MAF settings today. I did several WOT passes and interface never pulled timing or tried to add fuel.
Your saying that it never pulled timing or changed fuel when going WOT but not spraying correct? When i first read this it sounded like you were saying it wasn't working, until I re-read your prior post stating it seems to be working fine. So just clarifing for that may have just jumped in.
Robert
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Correct, since I was doing NA tune I didn't have the nitrous armed. Since the nitrous wasn't armed the interface never tried to add fuel or retard timing. This even though I did go WOT and was in the RPM range of the window switch. It did exactly what it was supposed to, nothing.

Just posted as an example to confirm for you that the interface won't give you any issues when driving around NA even if (when) you decide to open it up.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's what i thought, lol.
Robert

Search this Thread