Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument cluster acting up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Instrument cluster acting up!!!

So my instrument cluster keeps acting up. The gauges all stay on the peg except the speedometer, voltmeter, and oil pressure plus all the lights on it come on. SES, abs, asr, air bag, service vehicle, check gauges, etc. I also cant get into the pcm with my superchips programmer or my handheld code reader. The car drives fine and i cant see a problem. Its done this twice now. Last time i let the car sit for a few hours then it was fine and now its doing it again. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know what's going on with the IPC, but your handheld programmer and code reader should get power from the DLC port - check and see if the CIG/ACCY fuse is blown.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Try a search i'm pretty sure i've seen this before some about he battery not being held down right or something crazy
Old 06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
12 Second Club

Its got power at the dlc but has an error when i use my superchips or handheld code reader. To me it seems like a ground somewhere. I had my intake manifold off about a month ago to paint it but i cant feel anything pinched behind it. Besides i doubt any harness could get caught in between the valley and intake manifold and me not be able to notice it. Its just pissing me off a lot! im a tech for nissan and we have a gm dealer on our lot owned by the same company. Im inclined to call their techline and see if they have any ideas.