Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To Identify Connectors In An 02 Harness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Identify Connectors In An 02 Harness?

I guess I should start off by giving a little background info on the swap I am into. I have a 1970 Corvette Convertible I am putting an 02 LS1 into. The motor I have came out of an 02 SS Camaro with an auto transmission. I am not using the Auto but am using a Keisler 5 speed.

I am looking at the harness and wanting to get rid of all the stuff that is not needed any longer. EGR, AIR, Auto trans harness, AC, etc.. Is there a pictorial that shows connectors that can be removed and which wires to pull out of the harness?

My harness also does not have the OBDII connector attached to it. It does have two connectors that comes into the car through a round grommet. I assume these two connectors go to the OBDII connector. One is blue and one is white. Am I correct in thinking this is for the OBDII?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Eddie
Old 06-15-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

This should get you off to a good start...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/881250-99-02-harness-connector-identification.html

Pin outs for the PCM and OBDII connectors can be found in the stickies.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Complete schematics for the harness are here, https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/936409-99-02-schematics.html. You can identify the connectors by the wire colors and number of wires.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the diagrams. I will be printing these off and using them. Hopefully this will get my harness pared down some.

One more question, when I get everything out of the harness not needed, is when I start putting power on the harness. When I read about putting power on certain wires, do I solder my power wires into the harness at the pinks or reds?

Since I am doing this on my 70 corvette, the horn relay is a distribution point under the hood. This is the point I am thinking of using for the constant hot. Any reason not to use this point? Any point that may be better I am all ears.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rhino
This should get you off to a good start...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881250

Pin outs for the PCM and OBDII connectors can be found in the stickies.
Rhino, thanks for the link. That picture makes it a bit easier to figure out what I have going on here.