Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS1 Tech

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1 Tech

Hello to all I'm Jeremy. I'm aware of how the forums work, and have read the ROE for this one. I'm also and active member on 355Nation.net and Coloradofans.com, my screen name there on both is 1BADI5

I was told about the site and had to check it out. I have a up coming LSX swap. The plan is in the works right now to drop an LSX into my 04 Chevy Colorado CC ZQ8. I want to order parts now....but I'm in Iraq til October.

My truck is currently equipped with the 3.5 I5, A4 and 3.42. I have a HPTuners program, AEM BruteForce intake, Gibson cat back, TBS, Denso Iridium plugs, Royal Purple fluids. I have other mods ready to go. BUT the HP/TQ had gotten to me. I need more. I know the LSX is the best platform out there. I have seen these converisons done before on Colorados, and the end result is flat out sick. So here is the plan:

Either I will get a 5.3 drop out of a Silvy or a buddy of mine has an extra LS1 laying around. Either one is great for me. My current goal is a 12 second street truck, but I know how that goes

5.3- LS6 intake, ported TB, headers w/ Y pipe and 3" single out exhaust for a stock look, LS6 valvetrain, with some mild head work, and LS6 cam, bulit trans and stall converter. I will use a 03 TrailBlazer 5.3 pcm flashed for the upgrades. (note- the reason for that last one, the colorados run a throttle by wire set up.) That will allow me to run a wiring harness by Current Performance and still run the factory gauge cluster.

LS1- Well this is a no brainer, every thing I can get from the LS6 will go on, and a bottle of the funny gas. Not to forget the built trans and stall converter.

Any and all suggestions from the experts here will be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
Old 06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

welcome to the site bro! you'll learn allot in
this forum
Old 06-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Sounds like you're on your game. I've got a friend that runs 12.20's in a RCSB N/A. He put a 6.0 in it with a small cam and, can you believe this, he's still on the stock 4L60E!

Thanks for your service and be careful over there.
Welcome to the site.