Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth to Magnamouth

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudmouth to Magnamouth

Over the weekend i did a little modification to my exhaust. ive had the loudmouth 1 setup for almost a year and all was good untill i put in my pacesetter LTs. i thought it sounded good at first and that it kinda sounded like an old muscle car. i guess it got broke in or something cause when you are driving there is a certain RPM range (around 2000) that makes it sound horrible. At idle and high RPMs it sounds badass! but every cop in a square mile will hear you..

so i ordered a magnaflow muffler from summit racing. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku and to me it sounds like a camaro should sound. ive heard the dynomouth and borlamouth on camera not in real life and i think the magnamouth is the best sounding. i know it sounds better in person which is also probably true with the magnamouth. my loudmouths sound at the bad RPM range was as everyone says "raspy". raspy sounds like what the LM1 resonator looks like.. let me explain- the LM1 is just a hollow can.. you take that can and put some rumbling sounds through it and it vibrates through it but it doesent have any packing inside so it rattles kinda -- Raspy. zero rasp now that the magnaflow is on. it sounds great. its a little quieter now but not by much. and the deep growling sound makes up for it. but anyway right now my exhaust is dumped after the magnaflow muffler just before the rear axle im putting a small turn down on it because i dont feel like putting all the rear exhaust plumbing back on. i think it looks better without the tips anyway.

so for this long post i think all im trying to say is... Thank you Magnaflow! and if anyone else is considering swapping their loudmouth out, get a magnaflow!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad you like it! I was one of the 1st to do this about 3 years ago! LM1 with headers and no cats sounds like ***!

here is a sound clip i am running no tips!

Quick Reply: Loudmouth to Magnamouth