Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Is it worth it for me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it for me?

I'm debating whether or not I should upgrade my rear. I plan on doing a "canyon carver" type of suspension and keeping street tires on it, not doing the drag racing set-up. I have a mild cam and bolt-ons, thinking about getting a more aggressive cam. It's not a daily driver, just weekend cruiser, and will see occasional track use. I don't need to launch terribly hard as I'm not concerned with getting my ET's as low as possible or anything, just want to have fun with it, but still I don't want to have to worry about breaking the rear. Is it worth it for me to get a rear now, or should the stock 10 bolt hold up to what I've described? ...The car has 102,000 miles on it. M6.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CavPat
I'm debating whether or not I should upgrade my rear. I plan on doing a "canyon carver" type of suspension and keeping street tires on it, not doing the drag racing set-up. I have a mild cam and bolt-ons, thinking about getting a more aggressive cam. It's not a daily driver, just weekend cruiser, and will see occasional track use. I don't need to launch terribly hard as I'm not concerned with getting my ET's as low as possible or anything, just want to have fun with it, but still I don't want to have to worry about breaking the rear. Is it worth it for me to get a rear now, or should the stock 10 bolt hold up to what I've described? ...The car has 102,000 miles on it. M6.
Sounds like you answered your own Q. 'Quote' 'But i still don't want to have to worry about breaking the rear"

With an M6, its not "IF" it will break, its "WHEN", up-grade now before its too late, then you'll wish you did , now when i say "up-grade", i don't mean the 10 bolt, throw that sucker aside & get a 9"
Old 06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you run nothing but street tires you can live with a 10 bolt for a long time.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:42 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LM97Z
Sounds like you answered your own Q. 'Quote' 'But i still don't want to have to worry about breaking the rear"

With an M6, its not "IF" it will break, its "WHEN", up-grade now before its too late, then you'll wish you did , now when i say "up-grade", i don't mean the 10 bolt, throw that sucker aside & get a 9"
I agree, I've never seen a 10 bolt with an M6 last for a long time. Bob