Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Ever had a "special" troop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ever had a "special" troop?

I have a girl here at work who's just been one headache after another. She attempted suicide at least once that we know of. She's failed out of the ADAPT program. Today I get called into the First Shirt's office out of nowhere and he tells me that she kidnapped another airman and was driving erratically saying she was going to just end it all and wouldn't let the other girl out of the car. We work in a customer service type office and have to deal with a lot of phone calls. She has been banned from answering the phone because she will talk with the customer for 20 minutes then turn around with a confused look on her face and have no idea what the person has been talking about for the past 20 minutes. I then have to get on the phone and the person has to go over it again with me and is pissed because of this. So now she just sits there and looks stupid all day and gets a paycheck for it. I have her do odd little jobs and have told everyone in the building if they need anything done that someone with an IQ of 2 can perform to come get here. This **** has been going on for 9 months now and she still is in the Air Force. What the **** does someone have to do to get kicked out?!?! She just pisses me off every time I see her!!! How much trouble do you guys think I could get in if I just hauled off and punched her in the face? J/k ok, rant off
Old 06-17-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shows how much general society has f-ed-up the mil. I was in the Army a long time ago and we had a dumb *** assigned to us ( a cook) who tried to pass himself off as a grunt lieutenant in VN. We never saw him after that;the MPs told us about the event.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, that chick sounds crazy as hell.lol

I had a troop once that got in trouble for pushing his wife during and argument so we had to go see the shirt. His exact words to the shirt were "I live by the Samurai code and I have disgraced my family so I must now end my own life". rofl, wtf do you say to that?? The dude was 5' 5" and close to 200 lbs so he didn’t look much like a Samurai. Oh, this dude is still in the Air Force and I think he made Tech last year.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like it is time to "suggest" a Command Directed Evaluation by Mental Health to the Shirt. If it comes back with good dirt, that would be enough for legal to support separation.

Jack
Old 06-17-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've only been in for 6 years but when I came to my first duty station I still had a military bearing. I been seeing a trend here lately of new tech school fresh airmem comming in and having no bearing and talking to higher ups tlike they hang out on the weekends. I have a few of those floating around my shop. I also have a new airmen I'm sponsoring in next month... hopefully he's not going to dissapoint.

As for your problem Brad a paper trail is usually required these days to get someone kicked out quickly unless they do some stupid **** like **** hot or something of that nature.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Good luck w/ that
Old 06-17-2008, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

put her in a sea bag and forget about her for about and hour or so she'll shape up
Old 06-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ponyeater01LS1
put her in a sea bag and forget about her for about and hour or so she'll shape up
Kinder, Gentler...

What the **** happened to the military where you could belt somebody for being a dumbass?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

If she's "unfit" to do her job, I don't see why she's still in. Just keep the paper trail going, make sure you take note of EVERY counseling, LOC's, LOR's whatever the case may be. Then present it to the shirt, if you have a good shirt, should be a no brainer.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part of being a leader. It is called a leadership challenge and airing out her problems on a public board is not professional at all. There is trust and confidence and you have broke it. I don't care if anybody on here ever knows who she is but this is wrong. I was a Drill Sergeant for 36 months and have had more leadership challenges then you can count with way worse but I would never air them here or to anybody else. Grow up. As far as advice you have a NCO support chain to help you out.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redrumss
Part of being a leader. It is called a leadership challenge and airing out her problems on a public board is not professional at all. There is trust and confidence and you have broke it. I don't care if anybody on here ever knows who she is but this is wrong. I was a Drill Sergeant for 36 months and have had more leadership challenges then you can count with way worse but I would never air them here or to anybody else. Grow up. As far as advice you have a NCO support chain to help you out.
Oh Jesus Christ, nobody on here knows me, I didn't name any names and nobody on here will probably ever meet me. This girls paper trail is miles long, I have went through my chain of command, my "NCO support chain". It just seems that nobody from my supervisor all the way up to the commander is doing anything about the situation. Maybe you can help me out since you are such a great leader there drill sergeant.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:06 AM
Launching!

I agree with the command directed mental health eval, or even a fit for duty eval. She sounds messed up in the head over something, and it could be minute to you and me, but a major issue to her. Get her some sounseling and if you're not getting any help inside your chain of command, maybe it's time to look outside it.

Oh, and the kinder, gentler **** is getting on my nerves; with all of the stuff going now in the news about AF leadership changing, look for some "back to basics" training coming to your base very soon.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

There is only one thing I dont like about the military and it's people like you. Chill out....everything will be fine.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

CC Directed Mental Eval... its going to be your best bet... Also go to legal and talk to them. Just let your super know first... they get pissed some times (aint like I really care) but still... Good luck and bitch her the **** out one good time infront of all of her "friends" and she might get a small picture!

Doc
Old 06-18-2008, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

if you have all the paper as for competenance review board. if you can prove she's incompetenant they should be nothing after that to do and adminstrative dischage. sit her *** down and try talking to her. i have issues like that with some of mine. but sitting them down and talking to them not yelling i found out why or what is causing them to act the way they are. don't talk to her senior to junior but as two adults you'll be amazed what she'll probably tell you. sometime they just want someone to listen to them. just my .02

some people can take it some are just weak minded.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

whats up with these damn airman!! like one guy said, some of these troops have no bearing at all... especeially the knuckleheads out of tech school. i own every airman that acts up right there on the spot and square there asses away.. i dont do none of this pull em to the side bullshit.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

She needs to be SIF'd.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2000KnightRider
She needs to be shivved.
fixed
Old 06-18-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2006vette
There is only one thing I dont like about the military and it's people like you. Chill out....everything will be fine.
Oh I am fine. Its not my soldier or one in my command. Obviously some of you missed the training on professionalism and trust. I had basket case after basket case during all phases of my career but a lot of comes down to how you lead your juniors, peers, seniors, and sometimes even Officers. It is apparent he cannot handle the troop with what he has been taught so I ask the question should he be in the position to lead somebody in the first place?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh I am fine. Its not my soldier or one in my command. Obviously some of you missed the training on professionalism and trust. I had basket case after basket case during all phases of my career but a lot of comes down to how you lead your juniors, peers, seniors, and sometimes even Officers. It is apparent he cannot handle the troop with what he has been taught so I ask the question should he be in the position to lead somebody in the first place?
i'm going to assume you're army right? i'm also going to assume this chick is AF. and thats where things are WAY different in the army they will smoke their troops all the time. for some retarded *** reason the AF likes to keep **** heads around.

Quick Reply: Ever had a "special" troop?