Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed My LT Headers Now What Exhaust Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed My LT Headers Now What Exhaust Setup?

well now that i got my headers installed i want to have a loud/clean sounding system. Im thinking about going td, should i dump it in the back or at the axle. Also whats a good company to buy from or should i get it custom? And lastly,haha, what exactly do i need/can buy for this setup? Thanks guys

found this td setup on texasspeed, anyone use this setup, if so which mufflers should i get..bullets?
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=56

Last edited by mycamaroSS; 06-17-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you want loud get the dynomax but that all i have heard so cant say much on the others
Old 06-17-2008, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Texas Speed True Duals you have a three choices of mufflers to chose from, I thank the Sweet Thunders sound very clean.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

yea im gonna check out what each muffler sounds like with this setup
Old 06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

magnaflow?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldnt get anything to ridiculously loud because it gets old after a little while. i would try for a setup that is loud when you get on it but quieter when on the highway or in a neighborhood. this will be hard to accomplish due to the nature of TD's. i have over 50 cuts from you're stupid header install dude...
Old 06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a TSP TD setup with spiral flows for sale at the moment. I loved it when I had it.

-J
Old 06-17-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

I vote for duals, but I say go custom instead of premade set. A custom bent 2.5" or 3" set can be tucked up very well as oppsed to the TSPs. You can also have them set up to avoid things like tranny, driveshaft, fuel tank, and rear end. That way you dont have to take the exhaust off whenever you try to take stuff out. They will cost a little more, but if you do it right the first time, youll never regret it.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ckyconan2003
i wouldnt get anything to ridiculously loud because it gets old after a little while. i would try for a setup that is loud when you get on it but quieter when on the highway or in a neighborhood. this will be hard to accomplish due to the nature of TD's. i have over 50 cuts from you're stupid header install dude...
it's already annoying chris!! Thanks a lot dude i got one cut lol, and that was taking the jack out of position
Originally Posted by DropTopBird
I vote for duals, but I say go custom instead of premade set. A custom bent 2.5" or 3" set can be tucked up very well as oppsed to the TSPs. You can also have them set up to avoid things like tranny, driveshaft, fuel tank, and rear end. That way you dont have to take the exhaust off whenever you try to take stuff out. They will cost a little more, but if you do it right the first time, youll never regret it.
yea that sounds like a better idea. Thanks