Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dual stage question

Old 06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dual stage question

Hey guys i've finally got all my transmision problems fixed and now i'm ripping into my nitrous system. I'm going to be making a homemade dual stage kit out of a harris speed sudden impact kit and a zex kit with two seperate msd window switches. My question was with my 3000 stall converter do you think starting a 50 shot with the zex kit at 3500 rpm would be the right thing to do or start it closer to the stall speed? On the transbrake it will stall right at 2900 rpm at wide open throttle. Then i was thinking about shooting a 75 to 100 shot on right around 4500 rpm til about 6000. From others experience where did you start your first shot with the best results?

This will be on a heads, cam car with stock short block running thru a transbraked th400 and 12 bolt. I'm also running 28" mt et drag radials on 15" welds. Thanks for the help
Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by pddye
Hey guys i've finally got all my transmision problems fixed and now i'm ripping into my nitrous system. I'm going to be making a homemade dual stage kit out of a harris speed sudden impact kit and a zex kit with two seperate msd window switches. My question was with my 3000 stall converter do you think starting a 50 shot with the zex kit at 3500 rpm would be the right thing to do or start it closer to the stall speed? On the transbrake it will stall right at 2900 rpm at wide open throttle. Then i was thinking about shooting a 75 to 100 shot on right around 4500 rpm til about 6000. From others experience where did you start your first shot with the best results?

This will be on a heads, cam car with stock short block running thru a transbraked th400 and 12 bolt. I'm also running 28" mt et drag radials on 15" welds. Thanks for the help
first question how does the car hook on motor?Then if the car hooks well i would set the first kit up so that it leaves closer to the stall speed so you can actually leave on the spray.Thats just from expierience i use to try to leave then bring the nitrous on a higher rpm and it would shock the tires and needless to say the car lost traction but of course i was on a bigger shot but i found leaving right on the spray cut my 60 ft down a ton! and if you can cut the 60ft down you pick it up on the big end!The second stage the way you want to do it will work fine!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

That's what I was thinking also. I haven't taken it to the track yet but on back *** country roads with out heating the tires up the car doesn't spin at all from what I can tell on motor. So with a heated tire I won't have any traction problems at the track on motor. It won't be the prettiest setup in the world but it will work with the parts I have on hand.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by pddye
That's what I was thinking also. I haven't taken it to the track yet but on back *** country roads with out heating the tires up the car doesn't spin at all from what I can tell on motor. So with a heated tire I won't have any traction problems at the track on motor. It won't be the prettiest setup in the world but it will work with the parts I have on hand.
its not all about looks!lol... but good luck with it, let me know how she does!

Search this Thread