PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I randomly lose TCS after working with fuel system.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I randomly lose TCS after working with fuel system.

Hey guys I've been racking my brain trying to figure this one out. Since the day me and a some friends worked on my fuel my Traction Control has been acting wierd. About 50% of the time(almost 100% when the car is cold) when I start the car my TCS is disabled. If after a startup where the TCS is off, if I turn the car off and turn it back on TCS usually will come back online.

I have some WOT fuel supply problems and we were just trouble shooting the issue. We pulled evap lines, pulled fuses, swapped FPRs, pulled the intank pump and played with that. Standard testing stuff.

So OK, I don't remember ever messing with the TCS system. When I came out of the bowling ally that night after the fuel work I had TCS off and an SES light. The SES light was the throttle position sensor. I open the hood and I forgot to replace the evap line to the evap canister. So I put the evap line back on, removed the TPS cable, replaced it and reset the code. No problems with TPS since. Maybe a total coincidense.

The guys that were helpin me out were looking at my rear at a time, is it posible one of them pulled the TCS plug? Could it have been a fuse in the engine bay fuse box? Maybe it's loose?

Any other ideas? I pulled all the relevant sensors in the areas of the engine bay we were working and replaced them all, but that hasn't helped. I'm looking for any ideas guys.

Thanks,
Mike