Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rewiring my system need some quick advice....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rewiring my system need some quick advice....

Well wiring up car audio is nothing new to me. But ive heard the monsoon amp is crap, i have a jensen VM9312 flip out, says its rated at 160watts, would it be better to rewire the radio through the radio itself, or to just continue using the power from the monsoon amp ?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Well I hate to tell you this but there is NO way ur Jensen flip out is putn out 160 watts maybe peak but that means nothing at all. I bet it is about 15x4 RMS and thats what counts. The amp has FAR more power then ur crappy screen (NO Offence). The real weak link to the monsoon system was the Headunit not so much the amp. So I wouldnt run everying to ur radio cuz it will be worse then it is now.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

I disagree with x2jesse1x about the HU being the weak link. I have the stock HU with a Kicker 5ch amp, BA's in the doors and Infinity's everywhere else with a single 10 inch sub. Most people can't beleive the sound quality this simple system has. IMHO, the key to this whole setup is in the LOC i'm using. Make sure you get a good quality one, not the cheap one's the instalers will throw in for free. If you want to go all the way, a JL Audio Clean Sweep or Rockfor 360 is the best, but very pricy. Now I'm not saying the HU won't make a differance, it will, just that I feel the stock HU can b the base for a very good quality system, but I feel the stock amp needs to go.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

Im not saying either the headunit or the amp are good because they both suck IMO. I have read numerious times that the amp is the problem. IDK I got rid of both and Im happy. even so, His headunit doesnt put out near the amount of watts as the amp.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by x2jesse1x
Im not saying either the headunit or the amp are good because they both suck IMO. I have read numerious times that the amp is the problem. IDK I got rid of both and Im happy. even so, His headunit doesnt put out near the amount of watts as the amp.
well i dont have a way to test the output obviouysly, so i was going by what it says on the HU, besides, it was ******* retarded cheap, and it played dvd mp3's, was my main selling point.

But thanks for all for the input