Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new spark plugs wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default new spark plugs wires

I brought a set of new ls2 take of wires from a crate motor and the second wire on the driver side is resting on my longtube header.Did anybody have any luck with these wires .
Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

get it off the header or it will burn through,
Old 06-20-2008, 05:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i tried msd wires i wasnt happy with the quality you have to adjust how much wire is in the boots on both ends not one of them was the same some i had to pull some of the wire out and some i had to shove wire in and let me tell you shoving wire in is no dandy task
Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I triimmed the boot on the wire and got it to work.The ls2 wires are a little different the boot has a square on it...
Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crzytown69
i tried msd wires i wasnt happy with the quality you have to adjust how much wire is in the boots on both ends not one of them was the same some i had to pull some of the wire out and some i had to shove wire in and let me tell you shoving wire in is no dandy task
The boot is only a dust cover, it should slide so you can make sure you have the electrode seated properly. The boot isnt attached at all it just slides over. The length of the wire never changes its as long or short as its going to be be from electrode to electorde.

Also many people dont seem to realize it or take advantage of it but the spark plug end (boot) is mulit directional. You can bend it to any angle you want.