12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Textralia or Spec Stage 3+

which do you guys believe is better
Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both are very good clutches, we have not had a single problem with the Spec 3+. Bob
Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is quite a long post about this.... so DO A SEARCH

Price, they are about the same

Pedal Feel- Tex wins hands down, Spec is like a bear trap

The ability to handle power- A Toss up again, but I beleive Tex again will have an edge.

Longevity- Tex hands down

Streetability- Tex again wins!

I've used both, and I love my Textrailia. Spec clutches are a game of Russian Roulette.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

+1 On Spec being clutch russian roulette.... Textralia hands down. Do a search you will find good things
Old 06-20-2008, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

Had them both.....still have my Tex......Tex has the best customer service hands down.
Jarrod will stand behind his product..Mine takes the abuse of dumps @ 7200 rpms and 300 miles a week in a car that weighs 3880lbs......
Old 06-20-2008, 01:51 PM
FormerVendor

You will find folks that post positively and negatively about both kits. Though I am sure that the people at Textralia offer a fine product...we have been offering kits for these cars for more than 7 years and we have sold over 17,000 kits for this application.

Our Stage 3+ will offer great capacity and drivability (it is actually the most commonly purchased units we offer for the LS F-body and Corvette). Whichever kit you choose to buy remember that break-in, flatness of the flywheel used, and driving style greatly effect the life of either unit. Installation is a bog factor too so make sure that you choose a shop that is familiar with these cars.

Let me know if you have any questions specific to the 3+ and I will be happy to assist you. Of course, you can go through any of our dealers for assistance with your purchase. These include: Six Speeds, Inc., Tbyrne, Katech, Livernoise, Tick, WS6 Store, LM Performance, etc... Thanks!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

Bird of Prey but I am biased
Old 06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

i would go textralia just cause ive heard their customer service is top notch
Old 06-20-2008, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
You will find folks that post positively and negatively about both kits. Though I am sure that the people at Textralia offer a fine product...we have been offering kits for these cars for more than 7 years and we have sold over 17,000 kits for this application.

Our Stage 3+ will offer great capacity and drivability (it is actually the most commonly purchased units we offer for the LS F-body and Corvette). Whichever kit you choose to buy remember that break-in, flatness of the flywheel used, and driving style greatly effect the life of either unit. Installation is a bog factor too so make sure that you choose a shop that is familiar with these cars.

Let me know if you have any questions specific to the 3+ and I will be happy to assist you. Of course, you can go through any of our dealers for assistance with your purchase. These include: Six Speeds, Inc., Tbyrne, Katech, Livernoise, Tick, WS6 Store, LM Performance, etc... Thanks!

He is right about this post for people being biased.....The onlything I didn't like about spec was the customer service...I had issues after 1500 miles with wot shifting. Contacted spec and asked if I could send them my clutch for inspection, their responce was they wanted me to take pictures, and absolutely do not send in the product.....How are you going to tell what's wrong in a picture?....

Other than that, that was my only complaint......

I did have a wot issue with tex as well...Called Jarrod and he sent me another clutch and I still had the original...Still had issues with the clutch..I was having Six Speed Inc building me a new tranny, so I went to Houston and met with Jarrod and he gave me another new clutch and Six Speed Inc did the instal and put in a Mcleod adj mc and Textralia covered the bill...Even took me to lunch.....So 3 clutches to find out it needed a adj mc..Yeah, alot of trouble, but when the communication was great from start to finish, and the company went above and beyond for me....

That makes me pretty biased.....
Old 06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

I have to go with the textrilia I have run both and so far my textrilia is kicking butt.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:08 PM
FormerVendor

getusum...We commonly ask for pictures first becuase quite often we are able to assess an issue without having the kit in our hands. After receiving pictures we would have requested a stack-height measurement and a few other things to assess the issue before moving forward. We generally would not issue an RMA# until we had some idea of what the issue is and pictures to evidnece anything that may be a potential problem. I manage the Sales and Tech Departments here and the person that you spoke with was simply following our company policies.

It is great that they were willing to send you kit after kit without question...they have their policies and we have ours too. Here's the interesting thing...I am willing to bet that our techs suggested that hydraulics were a potential issue from the very beginning (Jarrod likley would have as well).

Considering that we thoroughly check each unit for stack-height, actuation (and thus release), disc thickness and flatness, and overall function as part of our QC Program...sending out units in an attempt to fix a problem without knowing the cause is in essence throwing parts at an issue that wasn't ultimately clutch related. When you take into account the amount of time and money that you would have had to spend putting in another clutch (two additional times) it becomes clear that this method is very risky.

If the stack-height, and disc flatness, are correct there is very little chance that there is an issue with the clutch causing actuation problems. That being said, some pics and simple measurements would have likely saved you time, money, and a trip to Houston! But, I understand your feelings and ask that you let me know if I may be of any further assistance. Thanks!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by getusum
He is right about this post for people being biased.....The onlything I didn't like about spec was the customer service...I had issues after 1500 miles with wot shifting. Contacted spec and asked if I could send them my clutch for inspection, their responce was they wanted me to take pictures, and absolutely do not send in the product.....How are you going to tell what's wrong in a picture?....

Other than that, that was my only complaint......

I did have a wot issue with tex as well...Called Jarrod and he sent me another clutch and I still had the original...Still had issues with the clutch..I was having Six Speed Inc building me a new tranny, so I went to Houston and met with Jarrod and he gave me another new clutch and Six Speed Inc did the instal and put in a Mcleod adj mc and Textralia covered the bill...Even took me to lunch.....So 3 clutches to find out it needed a adj mc..Yeah, alot of trouble, but when the communication was great from start to finish, and the company went above and beyond for me....

That makes me pretty biased.....
Now that makes me feel good about paying the extra money for the oz700. Spec clutches are known for blowing up C6 vettes down in miami.. totaling them. It looks like a pipe bomb went off under the car and no one got a penny from spec. Spec even blamed it on improper installation when one of the guys is a GM tech. I am sure most of you guys know him Vseriestech, had his spec clutch blow. I drive my car hard.. and my floorboards are a lot thinner than the vettes.. I want to keep my legs, another reason to never run a spec

Last edited by sciff5; 06-20-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
getusum...We commonly ask for pictures first becuase quite often we are able to assess an issue without having the kit in our hands. After receiving pictures we would have requested a stack-height measurement and a few other things to assess the issue before moving forward. We generally would not issue an RMA# until we had some idea of what the issue is and pictures to evidnece anything that may be a potential problem. I manage the Sales and Tech Departments here and the person that you spoke with was simply following our company policies.

It is great that they were willing to send you kit after kit without question...they have their policies and we have ours too. Here's the interesting thing...I am willing to bet that our techs suggested that hydraulics were a potential issue from the very beginning (Jarrod likley would have as well).

Considering that we thoroughly check each unit for stack-height, actuation (and thus release), disc thickness and flatness, and overall function as part of our QC Program...sending out units in an attempt to fix a problem without knowing the cause is in essence throwing parts at an issue that wasn't ultimately clutch related. When you take into account the amount of time and money that you would have had to spend putting in another clutch (two additional times) it becomes clear that this method is very risky.

If the stack-height, and disc flatness, are correct there is very little chance that there is an issue with the clutch causing actuation problems. That being said, some pics and simple measurements would have likely saved you time, money, and a trip to Houston! But, I understand your feelings and ask that you let me know if I may be of any further assistance. Thanks!!!

What I was saying is that I asked to send you my clutch....I was told to take pictures and so forth...For me (the customer) and imop, it would have been better to send you my clutch, rather than being told over the phone on what to look for and so on....

As far as Houston goes, my post states that I went there to get my new tranny, not to get a clutch...I was stating that Jarrod went above and beyond to meet me at Six Speed Inc. and personally see what was the problem I was having....I give Amber,Joe and the guys at Six Speed Inc, for finding out that we needed a adj mc...My hydraulics were new and had the dril mod done. Car is an 01 ss and as stated, the hydraulics were new. Textralia does not suggest to run and adj mc because most people adjust wrong and end up having the clutch engaged at all times..Joe suggested the Mcleod and took it out of his race car and Amber put it in...Since then, nothing but wot shifting and zero problems...

Not bashing you or your company, just giving people my two different experiances from each company..

Again, just another guy biased guy who loves the Textralia and Six Speed Inc.

Todd
Old 06-22-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the SPEC stage-3+, And never had any problems at all and put some major horsepower to it with nitrous.