Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are these and how do I remove them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these and how do I remove them?

I'm about to sell my LS6 intake but don't know how to remove these two items. I tried pulling the PCV hose off of the rear but it won't budge and I don't want to screw up the plastic fitting. What is this sensor?

and what in the heck is this little guy?

Old 06-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Haha I just took my ls6 intake off last night, the hose in the back was a pain to get off, a small flat head and a lil wd40 in there it comes right off. The second picture, that came from your fuel rail, I couldnt tell you what it does put you have to play around with the white plastic piece that goes through hole piece. hope that helps
Old 06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The one on the back is your MAP sensor and Vacuum port for the brake and for other Vacuum assisted controls (ie, dash controls, etc). You will need the MAP sendor, but if your not using a vacuum booster for your brakes, you should be able to plug.. It should be able to slip off, you can try some WD40 and a an ice pick or small flat screwdriver to remove.. or slice the tubing a bit and then strip off the hose.

The one on the front is your Purge valve for your emissions to vent fumes out of the gas tank. If I recall, there shuold be spring loaded C-Clip (white?) the if you push it up, the connector will slip off the port of the intake. If youd don't need it for your car or state emission, you can plug the port or use it. I use the port to pull vacuum from my stock Charcoal Canister to vent the fumes from my gas tank.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Restricted User

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor and Evap Purge valve.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^^yeah what they said