Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Autometer Guage install Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Autometer Guage install Help!

I am sorry but I don't remember where I found the pics on here, or even if this is the best place to post this. I know someone was selling the panel for a while, but I am not relley interested in that, I can make my own. My questions are:
1. Does anybody have any pics of their Autometer tach install, or detailed instructions on how to wire it. I don't know the first thing about anything electrical.
2. What all is involved in wiring the rest of these types of guages ie water temp., oil press., volts, fuel, spedo. Is their an easy place to tap into the current wiring?
3. How to wire up turn signals, the rest of the "idiot lights" would not be needed with functioning guages for the most part (correct me if I'm wrong or have overlooked something), but I do want turn signals.
4. Without a "check engine" light are their any issues with emission testing? I know in AZ if your check engine light is on they automatically fail you, anybody know what happens if their is no light?
5. Any issues with the DMV or anything with not having an odometer? Also does the car computer keep track of the milage, or does the guage cluster?
I tried to do a search but didn't find a whole lot of usefull info. Any help would be appreciated. I am retarted when it comes to anything electrical so when forming your answers please pretend you are speaking to a 5yr old.
Attached Thumbnails Autometer Guage install Help!-25nm.jpg   Autometer Guage install Help!-im0061494ta.jpg   Autometer Guage install Help!-gauge-red-1.jpg   Autometer Guage install Help!-2146367_102_full.jpg  
Old 06-21-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nobody?