Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual Mufflers. . .HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow True Dual Mufflers. . .HELP!

I was wanting to switch from the LM1, that has only been on my car for literally 3 weeks to a month. It just has a little to much rasp for my liking, but I love how loud it is. I want something that is going to be throaty as hell and sound absolutely awesome at WOT. So I'm going the TD route. My question is, is what mufflers would you recomend for the setup and whether I should use an X pipe or H pipe. I have listened to both and on a computer they all sound almost the same, so I figured that I would get some first hand opinions. I like the single chamber Flowmasters and would really like to get some clips of the sweet thunders. I have read nothing but good things about them, but have never heard them. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have tru duals x pipe with one series flowmasters....sounds sick as hell...has a loud crack at about 2k that sounds great..but its not too bad cruising
Old 06-22-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had flowmaster 1 chambers clamped to my headers. it was Silly loud with lots or interior resonance sonded great though.. I was also in a car with an H pipe and 1 chamber flowmasters dumped at the axle and it still had a ton of interior resonance. Both sounded wicked at wide open but man there are resonance points where you can't talk to the person next to you its soo loud. so When I went to a dumped at the axle setup I went Sweet thunders. Love them! very little interior resonance and plenty loud cruising. Crazy loud at WOT. I have a vid but its just at idle with a couple revs with pics of the exhaust in it. I have put some turndowns/outs on the exhaust since this video as well.

View Video on FQuick

I can get a vid of the car driving later today if you like.. from the interior and possibly from the outside in a drive by as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

That would be great. Nice sounding machine, thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 01:47 AM
12 Second Club

i love my TSP 3 inch duals with spiral flows, even with the windows down at highway speeds, i can carry on a conversation at normal volume without any problem, but sounds f*cking wicked at WOT
Old 06-23-2008, 06:55 AM
TECH Junkie

magnaflow 4x9s

and in all honesty...i would swap out the resonator in your LM with a good muffler like the borla XR1 or the magnaflow 4x9 before you get rid of it.

it makes a world of difference for cheap
Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Default 1 chambers are loud

here is my old setup 3" x off long tubes into dumped 1 chambers...it was crazy loud..
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=DSCN0360.flv