Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dual intank pumps for LT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My dual intank pumps for LT1

Finished up my dual Walbros this past week in preperation for the 200 shot. I thought I would post some pics since I have not seen any dual intank set ups for LT1. I already had one Walbro with the hotwire kit so I was just adding the 2nd pump. I forgot to take pics after I reinstalled the return line. Basically what I did was put the little sock (that was down in the plastic bucket) on the end of the return line and tucked it in between the pumps and the clamp that holds them together. I put a piece of rubber between the 2 pumps and between the bottom pump and the metal support that holds the pumps to isolate them from vibration. The Y block and barbed fittings I used are air fittings from Home Depot (Thanks Mightymouse!). I drilled a hole in the top of the sending unit for the wires of the 2nd pump and put in a grommet then sealed it with JB Weld. I put together my own hotwire kit for the 2nd pump. I am using a toggle switch for activation when I am on the spray only. For anyone else wanting to do this-You will have to keep at least 1/4 tank of gas to keep the pumps submerged. I originally tried to keep the plastic bucket on one pump and clamp the new pump outside that, but it would not fit into the hole in the gas tank. One good think about the LT1 gas tank is there is some baffling in the back to help keep gas around the pumps.
Attached Thumbnails My dual intank pumps for LT1-twin-walbros.jpg   My dual intank pumps for LT1-twin-walbros2.jpg   My dual intank pumps for LT1-walbro-wires.jpg  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see in your sig that you have a 383, is this why with a 200 shot you need two pumps, are you making a large N/A HP number?

I'm just curious as I was going to spray a 200 shot, but I only have one walbro with the wire kit, but am only going to be running a hotcammed 350. Hoping I should be fine with one.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am making 410rwhp on motor. So with a 200 shot, I expect 600+. Which is just over the limits of a single 255lph pump w/ a hotwire kit. I want to make sure she's got plenty of fuel when spraying. You should be fine with one pump. I would run a lean shutdown switch to be safe (actually anyone with nitrous should be running one in my opinion). I forgot to mention the 2nd pump only cost me about $130.00 total (including fittings, fuel line, and wiring). Pretty cheap set-up to support up to 800hp.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
hashtagBMW

Looks good, gotta love the homeade double-pumpers.

Tony.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm def. getting one of those dynotune a/f switches.

Quick Reply: My dual intank pumps for LT1