Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing boots on plug wires from straight to 90's???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changing boots on plug wires from straight to 90's???

Just curious if anyone has ever changed their plug boots from straights to 90's or or anything else? I have a set of 10.4mm wires with my relocation kit and I need to cut the straights off and put 90's on. I wanted to see what all was involved and if I needed special boots since I'm running larger wires.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With my kit comes the MSD 8.5mm superconductor wire. It's multi-directional boot can be bent to a 90 if you want, no need to cut and split or hack anything.

Those Taylors aren't of the best quality. I could put an MSD end on it for you, I wont use Taylor, it's inferior to the MSD honestly but you can the bend the plug end to what ever angle you want. The MSD has a double crimp electrode the prevents the failure that can occur in the Taylor wire. Single thin band to the crimp that when maniupulated can and will break

OR

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

The insulation is whats 10.5mm on those wires not the wire that conducts.. so you just need strong fingers and some lube to stuff the boot. Good luck, pm me if your interested in my help