Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Super Twin

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spec Super Twin

I just finished installing the Spec Super Twin clutch in my SS this weekend. I had a lot of issues at first due to a pilot bearing messing up on me, but replaced all the bearings and put a new slave in to make sure everything is fine. My biggest problem was alignning everything. The alignment tool was worthless. I had to use an actual input shaft. After that, everything went very smoothly. I've got to tell you guys, this is a very nice clutch. The peddle is just a little harder than stock and the drivability feels nearly stock as well. Just from regular driving, you can tell this baby really grabs. I am very pleased with it. I put this clutch in because I'm going turbo.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Launching!

I agree just installed mine it really grabs
Old 06-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Hey HardtopZ28. What was giving you the most trouble? After I finally got everything installed, I was worried cuz it was making a wierd noise everytime I pressed the peddle in, so I took it to a shop and the mechanic there told me it was perfectly normal. He said that twin disk clutches make that noise cuz of the floater plate. This is my first twin disk so I didn't have any idea what to expect. Does yours do the same thing?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
FormerVendor

You can get a bit of rattle from the floater but it isn't too bad at all...in my experience.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Launching!

I might have heard it cause I heard something I was like wtf but I hear rattles and creaks all the time also I have headers to a o/r y to a 3 inch cutout so its loud