Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borlamouth piping question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borlamouth piping question

Finally got tired of the drone on my Loudmouth setup so I bought a Borla XR-1, P/N 40085. I thought it'd be a straightforward swap but I figured I'd come in and ask the experts a few things.

1. The short pipe from SLP that goes right behind the Y-pipe is ~3in OD, and the XR-1 has ~3in ID on both ends. However, it's actually a little bigger than 3in ID so the fit isn't that snug. Can I just wrap the smaller pipe in metal tape, to increase the diameter until it fits right? Seems kind of janky, but I'm not sure what else to do, other than replacing that section of pipe altogether (which would be a pain since it expands the 2.75" from the Y-pipe to 3").

2. The SLP pipe that goes over-axle is 3" ID, same as the XR-1, so I need some sort of connecting pipe. Should I just get a length of 3" OD pipe and fit it inside (probably using metal tape again)? Or try to find some pipe that's large enough so that the end of the XR-1 and end of the over-axle pipe fit inside it?

I'm sure I can hack something together, but if someone has figured this out before on their Borlamouth then maybe I save some headaches.