Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

meth and afr questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default meth and afr questions

so i made it back from afghanistan and i've been doing some tuning. when i go wot my afr drops like it is suppose to but then it lean up and then fattens up again and stays that way. here are some logs. the first one was alittle leaner than the rest. i fatened up the last two logs because i didn't want it to go too lean. so is this because of the meth injection setup or something else? the meth setup is from a sts kit. i got it from a friend.

(if need be, mods feel free to move this to the tuning section. wasn't sure where to put it)

oh and my 4" exhaust is on its way
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
fromwalmart2.hpl (62.9 KB, 58 views)
shanna house.hpl (57.7 KB, 45 views)
shanna house 3.hpl (205.1 KB, 185 views)
Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car has been fully tuned on the methanol injection (progressive kit from Snow Performance). The first stage of meth comes in at 5#'s of boost and my wideband 02 reads a little fat for just a moment (all under WOT), and then when I pass through 10#'s of boost the 2nd larger hit of methanol comes in, and it drops from 11.5 down to an average of 10.8 for a few hundred RPM but then leans back to 11.5.

I'm not sure since I had mine dyno tuned with the stock PCM that if you had a full stand alone management system like BS3 or FAST that you could keep the AFR constant even though the flow of meth changes or not. If there was a way to do it, more power could obviously be made.

My car runs (and has ran for years now) great though even using its stock PCM on the dyno tune with the meth injection. It really only is rich for a couple of small places in the RPM band and that IS for sure do to the meth injection. When it does go rich, I don't even notice it other than recalling it on my wideband logs.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
12 Second Truck Club

well i could make it stay at 11:1 if i want but it has a little lean spike right when i get into it. i'll see if i can get a screen shot and post up. i'll point it out.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 AM
12 Second Truck Club

they all look just like this. maybe its the timing ramping up right there.? does it everytime.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks as though its a delay in the meth coming in. You need to ramp up fuel in that area and then take it away as the meth comes in. Don't worry about being 10.5:1 or so when tipping in or at torque peak that is fine.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

well, thats the part i'm tring to figure out. because if i add fuel the ve table there then it will be rich after the shift when it hits the same rpm. same thing with be/pe i think. i'll lok around some more in the tune and see what i can find.

Quick Reply: meth and afr questions