Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

new noise...sounds strange

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new noise...sounds strange

I was headed to work yesterday and heard a weird new noise. I thought someone could help me figure out what it is. I know u guys probably know what an exaust leak sounds like. Kind of a putting sound....lol seems silly writing that. Oh well only way I know how to Discribe it. Well, it sounds a lot like that buy coming from the rear end. I thought either my clutch or rear end is going out. I hope not. I hope its just something minor. I have a 2001 Z-28 M6 with the stock 10 bolt.if it's the rear end I'm thinkin about going with the 12 bolt from probably Moser or something. I dunno just depends on what money I have to play with. This has kinda scared me a little cause I dont really wanna fork out the money for a rear end right now . But if any of u have any Idea I'd greatly appriciate it. Thanks Justin
Old 08-19-2003, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new noise...sounds strange

Just from pure speculation, I doubt you're making enough power and sticking it to hurt the 10 bolt, especially with just a lid and exhaust. Are you sure it isn't one of the rear exhaust joints leaking? On the other hand it might also be your exhaust rattling on the heat shield over the axle. It's hard to say without hearing it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in here.