Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

My Z06 is home!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Z06 is home!!!!!

got home around 2am this morning. The car was everything that the 1st owner said it was. It only had two small rock chips on it. One was on the corvette plate on the front and the second one was on the driver's side mirror. Both are very small and not worth using touch up paint on. The car is insane. He had it all cleaned up for me and had all service records in a folder for me. I got a little over 27mpg, it has good power and was very comfy on the 10 hour drive home. It is very quite in 6th gear on the highway. The tires make more noise than the exhaust lol. It feels alittle faster than my truck. The lightning had a ton more tq down low but the vette pulls a lot harder on top. A good driver could walk away from my old lightning. IT is everything i wanted / hoped it to be.

Now to the bad news . At 12am last night i hit a deer that had been hit by a truck. There was no way to miss it in traffic. When i hit the deer it damaged the black plastic valance under the front bumper. IT is bent back on the drivers side. Then it bent a small metal brace that is about half way back on the bottom side of the car. I think both are very fixable but it just sucks that the car was perfect up until that. Really need to take to a shop with a lift and make sure nothing else was damaged. Dont hear anything lose or see anything broken besides the above parts. Oh well no one can see the damage lol. I also ended up replacing the battery this morning. I guess with the car only being driven alittle over 3k miles a year, the battery had went bad. The headlights/dashlights started to flicker anytime a strain was put on the power system. AAA came over this morning a checked everything out. The starter, alt., wires, etc were all okay. The battery was shot though.

Even with the deer and the battery issues no one could take this car away from me. It by far is the best car i have ever had. As much as i loved my Lightning it does not even come close to how i feel about the Z06!! I put almost 800 miles on it the first day i had it and i loved every second/mile of it. When it stops raining i am going to clean it up and take some more pics. The car look new inside and out!!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by QUIKSILVERZ
got home around 2am this morning. The car was everything that the 1st owner said it was. It only had two small rock chips on it. One was on the corvette plate on the front and the second one was on the driver's side mirror. Both are very small and not worth using touch up paint on. The car is insane. He had it all cleaned up for me and had all service records in a folder for me. I got a little over 27mpg, it has good power and was very comfy on the 10 hour drive home. It is very quite in 6th gear on the highway. The tires make more noise than the exhaust lol. It feels alittle faster than my truck. The lightning had a ton more tq down low but the vette pulls a lot harder on top. A good driver could walk away from my old lightning. IT is everything i wanted / hoped it to be.

Now to the bad news . At 12am last night i hit a deer that had been hit by a truck. There was no way to miss it in traffic. When i hit the deer it damaged the black plastic valance under the front bumper. IT is bent back on the drivers side. Then it bent a small metal brace that is about half way back on the bottom side of the car. I think both are very fixable but it just sucks that the car was perfect up until that. Really need to take to a shop with a lift and make sure nothing else was damaged. Dont hear anything lose or see anything broken besides the above parts. Oh well no one can see the damage lol. I also ended up replacing the battery this morning. I guess with the car only being driven alittle over 3k miles a year, the battery had went bad. The headlights/dashlights started to flicker anytime a strain was put on the power system. AAA came over this morning a checked everything out. The starter, alt., wires, etc were all okay. The battery was shot though.

Even with the deer and the battery issues no one could take this car away from me. It by far is the best car i have ever had. As much as i loved my Lightning it does not even come close to how i feel about the Z06!! I put almost 800 miles on it the first day i had it and i loved every second/mile of it. When it stops raining i am going to clean it up and take some more pics. The car look new inside and out!!
Congrats on the Z!! That really sucks about the deer though. At least YOU didn't hit it! I've been there with the battery issue. Drove my C5Z to the resturant(no problems), we go to leave, and all the relays and lights are going crazy and the car wont start. Damn Battery!!!!

Have fun and enjoy!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Damn on the deer. When I picked mine up at the factory I hit about 15 loose 4 by 4's on I55 at 3am on the drive back around a really long entrance ramp to I70. Same deal nothing to do but grin and hope for the best.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

its not the battery.. its the car, my dad goes out of town alot and his z06 sits in the garage sometimes 3-4 weeks at a time. after the second battery we went down to the chevy dealership and they said the corvettes can only sit about 14 days before loosing power.... post some pics tho
Old 06-27-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
its not the battery.. its the car, my dad goes out of town alot and his z06 sits in the garage sometimes 3-4 weeks at a time. after the second battery we went down to the chevy dealership and they said the corvettes can only sit about 14 days before loosing power.... post some pics tho
Are you refering to a C6Z or a C5Z. I never neard of that issue with the C5's, but it seems to be an issue with the C6's.

Sorry, enough hijacking.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm my car sat for like 2 months last summer/fall and it never died i've never heard of that
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

i had a 99 lightning with some work done to it and i went from that to the 04 GTO I was never satisfied until i got my 01 coupe and did alittle work to it now that i've had the vette its the only sports car i'll own.. congrat on the new car i had to replace my battery to but mine was because i don't drive the car to much and the alarm system drains it.. also sorry to hear about the deer
Old 06-29-2008, 02:01 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice... now we need PICS!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:49 AM
On The Tree

did a good check of the underside. the front plastic valance will need to be replaced and one of the braces on the underbody plate needs to be bent back flat. Nothing major just a paid in my A$$ because the car was so clean. FYI the deer meat stunk!!!! lol. The part that i hit had to be almost flat because it never touched my front bumper.

hope to get her cleaned up tomr or monday so i can take some nice pics for me/you lol.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Old 07-01-2008, 02:47 PM
9 Second Club

congrats on the purchase looks like a great find!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

The best color too!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats on the purchase. Nice looking car. I can remember when mine used to look like that.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Launching!

Default ttt

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Nice... now we need PICS!
I AGREE PIC,S
Old 07-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Post up pics.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Is that before the deer?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

nope. you just cant see the valance damage unless the car is on a hill. got very very lucky!

i did post pics lol. they are in the above post. are they not showing?

Quick Reply: My Z06 is home!!!!!