Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

most economical exhaust setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default most economical exhaust setup?

so im getting a 00 ws6 soon and am researching a few things...first off, what would be the cheapest and most economical exhaust setup to do? just mufflers, bullets and dumps, cats removed to mufflers, etc? im looking to likely loose the cats and would like it to be loud but not unbearable...

i also will likely be switching to long tubes in the future so i would like something that would work with that too without wasting too much money..

what you guys think?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TSP Rumbler
Old 06-28-2008, 06:44 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pacesetter long tubes, off road y pipe and a bullet is about as cheap as you can get
Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best to plan for future mods with the catback because what sounds good on a stock car changes once you start modding. Both options mentioned above will be pretty loud with long tubes and no cats. Really, there aren't many options for getting the rasp out of it without cats (IMO). And if you ever do heads/cam it will be even louder. My setup was extremely loud and raspy with a magnaflow catback, which most will tell you is one of the quietest. I had to piece together a slp dual/dual (since the no longer make it) to get the sound I wanted; fairly quiet at idle but agressive sounding when driving and still pretty loud at WOT. You might check out SLP's new system. Not sure how it compares in sound to the dual/dual and it's a bit pricey but if you only buy ONE catback it's not so bad. I've bought a few...
Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

A cutout in your stock catback. Will give you the most power and sound you can ask for.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

i got an slp dual dual for sale like mentioned above, pm me if interested