Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Central PA members i need your help again

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Central PA members i need your help again

I have been having strange issues with my car all day. I created a post in the newb section but I might need some local help to figure out whats going on.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post9639126

basically my car starts up funny and my throttle response is way off. People who posted in the first thread think it might be an electric problem but i have no way of checking this myself

any help is really appreciated
Old 06-29-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

what yr car is it and do you not have a multimeter? also just if you messed with any grounds make sure there all good and did you check the grounds on the back of the head?
Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fuseone
what yr car is it and do you not have a multimeter? also just if you messed with any grounds make sure there all good and did you check the grounds on the back of the head?
i got the car back to working -- i guess when the codes were turned off, the guy who did it turned off too many so he just switched them back on and the car is working fine... i still have the egr codes coming up but the car works
Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

hey its me again -- the car is working and the egr codes got turned off. The 2 codes that were registering were the p0405 (EGR) and p0107 ([MAP] Sensor Circuit Low Voltage). The guy turned off the EGR so it didn't register when the comp is hooked up and set the MAP code so that it didn't turn on the SES light. Now though, my service engine light is on. The car runs fine but the light wont turn off
Old 07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scan it for codes. Autozone can do it for free unless you have something to do it yourself.

See what the codes are first. Did you reset the computer lately?

Speaking from experience, most of the emissions-related codes will throw the SES light, if not all of them. I'm sure someone more savvy with obd2 and an ls1 car could help you further, though.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by harner
Scan it for codes. Autozone can do it for free unless you have something to do it yourself.

See what the codes are first. Did you reset the computer lately?

Speaking from experience, most of the emissions-related codes will throw the SES light, if not all of them. I'm sure someone more savvy with obd2 and an ls1 car could help you further, though.
I've taken it to autozone to get it scanned but i think they only scan for the "service engine soon -- SES" codes. This one actually says, "Service Vehicle" so I'm not sure they can scan that stuff. The car runs fine, just the light is on
Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if you want to run over to York on night this week I can bring a Tech 2 home from work and take a look at it for you. I will be around every night this weeks working on my buddies clutch in his SS
Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Well if you want to run over to York on night this week I can bring a Tech 2 home from work and take a look at it for you. I will be around every night this weeks working on my buddies clutch in his SS

I can def run over to york today if that'll work for you. I'll be in centerville this evening. What time works for you? I have a soccer game at red rose from 7:15 to 8:15 but I'll gladly skip it if it'll mean my car has a chance of possibly working right. My inspection is up at the end of this month so i dont have a lot of time left before **** starts hitting the fan
Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did everything work out for you? i think i saw your car at the get-together in etters the ther week.... did you strap it to the dyno?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSdreamz
did everything work out for you? i think i saw your car at the get-together in etters the ther week.... did you strap it to the dyno?
no i never get on the dyno, i signed up for it but by 3pm there were still 6 cars ahead of me and i had to get going so no dyno...

my car is still being a pain.. right now i have a high idle code and 2 egr codes so hopefully i can get them taken care of by the end of next week then get new tires and brakes and hopefully pass
Old 07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

should of had Dan delete the codes to begin with lol....
Old 07-13-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSdreamz
should of had Dan delete the codes to begin with lol....
dan helped me out a great deal already with the MAP sensor code.. the only reason i didn't have him do it from the get go was because york is over an hour away and this other guy lives in the town i work in